Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nauticaljohn

Portable house marking??

8 posts in this topic

What do you guys use to mark your portables? I have a black Polar Sled. I have been trying to find a broad point white magic marker.

One option is to cut a stencil and spray paint it on.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Stencil would work but if you sold the house the buyer might not like so much.

You could get some self stick velcro and put 1" squares in four corners. Stick it on and then make a sign out of white or yellow fabric and do the same. Make two signs while your at it. Leave one black if and sell it with the house.

Or skip the Velcro and use safety pins on the corners.

What surface said is great!

If you are in a pinch and have to get out, cut out legal sized strip of cardboard out of a pop or beer case. Mark you lic. number with marker on that (cradboard size), or DNR # and safety pin that right on Porty.

The law says nothing about look-in pretty cool.gif

I just printed mine out from word. Use a real big font and have it spreed over a few pages. Tape them together and then I used shipping tape to laminate the front and back. Works pretty good. I also have a sleeve on the back of my house (you can get them at Fleet Farm) that it slides into.

I do kind of a combo of stuff here - My Eskimo Quickflip II has a clear sleeve on the front, so I cut cardboard to fit in it, then printed out my DNR numbers on a laser printer in big font, then used packing tape to completely seal that printout to the cardboard. It also has room for taping on a shelter license.... which I won't need anymore. smile.gif

What has worked great for me is "white-out"....typically used in offices to "erase" print. It has a ball point tip and dries very quickly. You should be able to find at places like Office Max., Target, etc.

Otherwise there are also "paint pens" (many colors) used in crafts, etc. I have not personally used such, but have to think that would fit the application.

Best of luck.

My Otter Lodge has a piece of clear plastic with 2" reflective numbers on it that fits inside the sleeve on the outside, and my Frabill 1 man has a piece of cardboard that I drew the letters on in marker and then covered it with packing tape to seal it. That one also fits in the sleeve provided on the outside.

Do the numbers need to be at any certin height? I know they need to be 2 inches tall but could I put the peel and stick numbers on my voyager sled? or does it need to be eye level or something?