Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TobyHovelsrud

Pike on Crystal or Orchard Lake?

7 posts in this topic

I'm taking my girlfriends dad out fishing next Tuesday. He wants to get into some pike action so I was wondering if orchard or crystal would be good lakes to go for them. If not, what lakes would be the best for numbers of pike in the southern metro.

Welcome to FishingMinnesota.

I used to live in Lakeville and if we wanted pike we went to Lake Marion. Fish the northern half of the lake where it's shallow (not down on the southern end by Antlers Park), right out in front of the boat launch was a popular spot. Been quite a while since I was there but I assume it's still good.

orchard has pike and tigers and i've caught some nice ones in the past.

Well, I decided we're goin to Orchard. After looking at the lake map, thought about setting up a few tip ups around the hump on the lake and then maybe a few shallower just to the south of it. Are these good places to start looking for pike. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you don't want to post it on here you can e-mail me at toby.hovelsrud@mnsu.edu

TobyHovelsrud - I'm wondering if you had any luck. I'm looking to bring a buddy there this weekend who's coming from out of state, and the family he's visiting is right in that area so it would be a convenient place to go. I'm not looking for any specifics, just if you had any luck. Thanks.

Well for our group we had 6 tip ups out and didn't get a bite from 9:30 to 12 in the morning so we packed it in and went to Marion. We had three flags go up there so all in all not a very productive day of fishing but it beats going to school!

Thanks for the update, I'm still keeping my options open. grin.gif