Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
CC Rocks

LP Issues

CC Rocks

Last year I had trouble keeping my heater going because it was -35 degrees and the LP wouldn't flow. Does anybody have a good way to keep the tank warmer? I was thinking a heat tape but then I would have to run my generator all night. Not good.

Kyle Sandberg

You could throw a couple batteries in the house and run the heating coils off of them overnight and during the day off the generator. While the generator is on you could also charge the batteries.

outdoorav

what size tanks do you have. How big of heater btu's. you might need bigger tanks?

CC Rocks

I was running 20# tanks. I can't remember what BTU my heater is. I only have trouble when Red gets down to the 30-40 below mark.

outdoorav

one 30# tank would help. you need more pressure @ 30-40 below. I run 100# with 20,000btu heater, gas lights and oven no trouble at 42 below on lake of the woods in my wheel house

King_Fisher

I know it's not very smart, but I have kept the tank inside the house when it gets real cold. Again you obviously don't want it anywhere near a heat source but it works well. Make sure it doesn't leak either. Otherwise you'll be burbot bait. shocked.gif

Little Stewie

First make sure your tank is as full as possible whenever you will be fishing. LP wont vaporize when it reaches -44 and alot of this depends on tank volume. The fuller the tank the more the liquid boils and this keeps it from freezing. Second a good insulated blanket wrapped around the tank will keep the temp of the LP up and eliminate the wind factor. Last and still the easiest is dump boiling water on your tank. This will raise the temp of the LP ever so slightly but enough to get it boiling again.

Happy Fishing!

river rat316

How do you boil water if your LP just went down confused.gifgrin.gif

kelly-p

In the microwave. wink.gif

Little Stewie

Hey rat i was implying you do this before you have any problems. I thought this was a site where people helped each other with fishing tips reports etc, not a site where people like to be a wise guy.

Random guy

Relax Stewie, this is the Upper Red Lake forum, we really do have more fun here. wink.gif You will notice lots of wise cracking and ribbing in both directions all in good humor. Red lake is a different crowd then most lakes and you will see that on these pages loud and clear.

I thought it was funny, not as funny as the fellow that couldn't figure out how to flush the outhouse but funny.

deadminnowcatcher

how do u flush the out house???

Mike L

"in the microwave"

same answer my grandsons came with laugh.gif

now I'm waiting for their solution for flushing an outhouse

BLACKJACK

Very, very carefully to avoid the back splash!!!! smile.gif

Stradic

True Dat!

I don't fish Red too often but I come in here to read the posts. Pretty good stuff.

Random guy

Quote:

how do u flush the out house???

Gotta use your boot.

icehousebob

Jon, you're a very strange person. I like you.

As for the thawing things out routine, we once had a fish house stove that needed the combustion chamber heated up before it would work. We warmed it useing a propane torch with one pound bottles. Once, well below zero, the torch wouldn't light so I had to put the bottle under my coat and shirt, against my stomach to warm it. Now that gets your attention really fast. shocked.gif

camtis

Speaking of LP issues, I've got one for you...

This past summer someone came through the storage yard my wheelhouse was located at and cut the lp line and walked away with my dual 2-stage reglator setup and both 30lb tanks. The part that really stings is I found out when I returned to chain them up! A day late -- $250 short.

I already picked up two new tanks, but I had to order the lp lines and assemblies on line from a sponsor. I hope everything arrives by Wednesday, cause I am heading up to URL on Thursday.

BTW Stewie, forgive River Rat...he is a bass fisherman. J/K River Rat, I know what Charlie got you for Christmas!

Maybe I will see some of you up there next week...that is if I get my lp lines. Heading up on Thursday and staying through Sunday or Monday.

river rat316

hahhh I know to.... same thing I got that big dummie grin.gif You guys aren't making it up there, your crap aint gonna come and even if it does you'll mess it up blush.gif Im a little bitter yes tongue.gif

Mike L

the boys have decided to hire the Minnesota Vikings for outhouse flushing duty

papabear

Reach down and lift the flapper