Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Waldowski

Ice and Road Update

13 posts in this topic

We now have 10 inches of ice and a well established road out to Doe Island Reef. We have also been able to pull out 3 of our 4 hole rental Shacks.

A couple of groups were out this a.m. and managed to get some nice perch in 14 feet of water off of the reef.

Thanks for the update Paul. Can't wait untill there is good enough ice so I can bring my wheel house up.

FD

Paul,

I'm heading up with a buddy on sunday morning but don't have access to a wheeler or a snowmobile. I was wondering how far of a walk it is out of your landing to get to some structure, is shaws reef a long ways out, or are there other areas we could walk to and have a shot at a few eyes and perch.

Thanks

lm,

Come on up, we'll get you out.

Paul,

sounds good. just got off the phone and looks like there is going to be four of us coming up. don't know if we are going to east or west end yet. If we go to the east side i will come over and talk to you to get out. What time are you normally around in the morning, or what time does your place open?

Lm,

We open @ 7:00

thank you, hope to see ya on sunday.

Paul

Do you have a sleeper house for rent?

jj,

Yes we do. We currently have 3 of them out now and will have a lot more by the end of the week and going into the weekend.

Thanks Paul,

It has been a few years since I have stayed in a sleeper.

The last time, was Joe And Marty's last winter with the resort.

Any updates on ice out to the Hennepin Island area?

I've been out there the last couple days fishing the humps north east of the island and the ice is 8-10". Around the island itself is a large flake field from the shifting ice so I wasn't going that close.

I'm looking at taking my son out and that is usually a good early spot, how have you been doing?