Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
No_Net

German

6 posts in this topic

I'm going to be out there tomorrow and wondering what the ice is like out in front of the resort. Also is there anything biting. Thanks

Real patchy ice on German. Proceed with caution. 1.5 - 2" in some places and up to 10" in others.

I have not heard anything about the fishing. Sorry.

I went out there last weekend, out from Beaver Dam, drilled plenty of holes and found there to be a good 8" of ice. Saw a couple wheelers driving out as well. This was last weekend so there should be some more ice on top of the 8". Fishing was pretty slow though. I fished the evening, only brought a couple crappies through the hole.

It sounds like the ice is not too good out there on german. Has anyone made it to the island with a wheeler yet? I like to fish the north edge of the island early ice, but not enough to walk that far grin.gif

From the point of the island going north has always been bad for ice in december. I did see a couple of portables on the south end of the lake near the deep hole but i'm not too sure how they got out there. Your best bet for the more consistant ice would be on the west end of the lake. I was out a good four hundred yadrs and found that the ice was solid. But as always, be safe.

Thanks! I think I'll just have to wait it out. The walleyes are biting too good on area lakes to chase panfish anyway.