Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goosekilla116

howard lake ice

13 posts in this topic

any one been out here to check the ice kinda want to put the big red house out this weekend? how bad is the slush can I drive the wheeler at least

On Monday there was anywhere from 4in. to 8in. on the SE corner.

Have seen two houses out, one portable out in front of the ball field, and one perm on the NE corner, that's still there. I drive by it twice daily, but haven't been on it. The guy that owns the perm has had his 4 wheeler out there next to it 3 or so times this week. You may want to check with Joe's tho...just to be safe.

Good luck!

this lake usta be a awesome ice lake. Still that or is it not as good like years past?

If you are talking about the white one, it is my uncles. Ice is about 5-6 inches as of yesterday. Not much bitin there I think he got stuck though and ended up setting up there.

eyes on judds caught a few the other day but only on big minnows. gotta follow the fish tho seem to move alot

Yep, the white one...I saw it out in front of the access this past weekend...looked like it was stuck due to no roads.

Several more houses on the lake now over on the west side..no reports in yet at the sport shop

northerns during the day been in a few different spots 11 to 13 fow seems to be paying off the eye bite has been even slower a couple here and there no ryme or reason for color or bait 11 to 18 fow has been the best someone let me know if they find anything better or where they are byting

is the water clear. i know in the summer time is horrible.

BassNSpear, the water is exceptionally clear, I could see my jig 15 feet down.

really. is there any pike in this lake?

I have never went there becuase i figured that i would be dirty like it is in the summer time.

It clears up quite a bit late fall. Not as much as some of the smaller lakes, but it's pretty clear in the spring until the end of June.

thanks sluggo.

what you been up to latly.