• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone been out there yet this year? Thinking about heading out there this weekend. I have never fished it. Anyone know about ice conditions and where to start? Not looking for hot spots. I would appreciate any info. Thanks guys and gals!!!

I saw one house out there last weekend and they didn't drive on the ice. If you look out from the boat ramp I believe you would be looking North (We'll just say that is North), look NE on the shoreline and you will see a pretty prominent point out there. That point has produced in the past and you can also park over that way behind the cabins and just walk out from over there instead of hoofing it from the boat ramp. Otherwise I have done well, once again in the past, on the North shore on the edge of the weedline. There is a pretty well defined weed line on the bottom, it just cuts off like someone cut it with a knife. If you can find that edge on the North shore, done well there. Crappies, Sunnies and Northerns! I hope to hit there this weekend sometime, depending on how other lakes are. I have done well there at times and wow other times, Dead Sea, but because I like the lake and little pressure most of the time, I am drawn back to it.

Thanks for the info. Any idea on how thick the ice is? I will probably be out there Sunday morning because I have to go to IA for the kids hockey game. Thanks!

I didn't get a chance to check it. The guy out there last weekend was in a portable and had walked out there from behind those cabins like I was saying. Was out there maybe 100 yards or so, not too far. That being said, I wonder the thickness myself. I error on the side of caution early ice anywhere I go.

Reeds is deep and freezes late so check that ice carefully. The deep hole/last area to freeze is typically almost straisght north of the access. Good crappies if you find them lots of northerns/bass I agree though they can get serious lock jaw at times.

Was out on Reeds Sunday morning from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., not a single fish was iced frown.gif We didn't go all the way over to the north side because we don't have a wheeler or a snowmobile. Fished in 15 ft all the way down to 9 ft. We kept marking fish that came up from the bottom looked at the bait then went back to the bottom, then we would jig and they would come back up. We tried full minnows, minnow heads, and waxies, still no takers. We even threw up a tip up in 10 ft and nothing hit it. Oh well, that's why they call it fishing and not catching. I think I would like to try this lake again, maybe when we can drive on the ice and I can get to the north shore. Thanks to all that gave me advice on this lake. By the way ice was about 8" to 9" where we were.