Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coon

2003 Toyota Highlander

7 posts in this topic

The amber parking bulb is out on the drivers side headlight. Anyone know how the h*** you get the headlight out to replace it? confused.gif

I have not done one of those yet but from what I can see from the exploded view the grill needs to be removed and then the to bolts on top of the lamp assebly need to be removed.

The other thought is to remove/peel back the inner fender well and see if it accessable from there.

You have to remove the grill or the inner fender lining to change a light bulb? Thats crazy, 2 hours labor to change a stupid lamp. No wonder we can't work on our own cars anymore. Why would they engineer it like that? I see this a lot in my line of work as well. Its like they believe that once its together you'll never have to do any maintenance/repairs on the equipment. Sorry, just had to vent a little.

Yes and the worst part about it is them hidden screws you cant find. I use to hate when the service writer would call me up to the service lane to quickly install a bulb for free while the customer is standing there watching. You would think it is a simple task! I tell you, I can pull a tranny apart and an engine, throw all the parts in a pile, then put it all back together with no extra parts and it works good, but there has been times when I would spend an hour trying to figure out how to change a headlight! grin.gif And I look stupid trying to do it! smirk.gif

What about them star shaped,assorted bolts, screws, and other devices used to fasten body parts on vehicles? Who has some of these tools other than GM,Ford,ect.....?

Quote:

I have not done one of those yet but from what I can see from the exploded view the grill needs to be removed and then the to bolts on top of the lamp assebly need to be removed.

The other thought is to remove/peel back the inner fender well and see if it accessable from there.

thanks airjer...i peeled back the inner fender and it was right there. back in business

grin.gif

smartthinkingef8.jpg