Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaveWacker

Ida

5 posts in this topic

Haven't been up for some time and just curious as to how the ice is progress (or lack there of) on Ida and if anyone is doing anything out there? Won't be up until New Years weekend. May get some fishing in but will probably be too busy chasing roosters.

Dont know any thing fist had but my old man live a mile away from the lake and said he was out a week ago and said he had 5" then.

Does anyone know how much ice is on Ida yet?? Is anyone driving out there yet??

I know that their are some houses out there and that there are some 4-wheelers and sleds out there no cars or trucks out there. I wouldn't be trusting the ice right now for cars or trucks! The ice is so up and down all over the place.

I was out on the west side of Miltona on Sunday and while the ice is good with 10 inches, the snow and slush on top of it presents a problem. In spots you drop down through the snow up to your knees with slush on the bottom.

I have not seen any autos on the lake yet, just snowmobiles and quads. I would even hesitate to take a quad right now as their is a good chance at getting that stuck out there too due to clearance problems.