Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Yeti

Jason Tyner

9 posts in this topic

Twins decided to dump Tyner and hang onto Rincon.. I know we're supposedly heavy on out fielders. But I liked Tyner. He's a good ball player. Not great, but decent.

I'll bet that Tyner will be invited to camp if no one picks him up. They'll keep Rincon around to throw in on a future trade.

I really liked Tyner to. He didn't have all the skills, but he played the game the right way.

big changes at the Dome next year. We get a formula that worked for a few years and now those players are slowly slipping away. I am optimistic they can create a new formula that will work and a group of players that will have the chemistry it takes to win.

I am expecting them to get rid of Punto next. But man I better see a big time hitter come along soon. With the loss of Hunter tyner and who knows what othe defense we have we will need offense to make up for it.

I read that Tyner may join Lew in Japan.

WINTER HAVEN, FLA. -- The Indians have signed outfielder Jason Tyner to a minor league contract. He will report to Chain of Lakes Park and work out with a group of minor league prospects who reported to camp earlier this week.

Tyner, 30, played last season with the Twins. He hit .286 (87-for-304) with 14 doubles, two triples, one homer and 22 RBI in 114 games. He hit his only homer off the Indians' Jake Westbrook on July 28 in Cleveland.

This will be Tyner's second tour with the Tribe. He spent part of the 2004 season at Class AAA Buffalo and hit .345 (48-for-139). Tyner spent parts of the last three seasons in the big leagues with the Twins.

He was Mets No. 1 pick in 1998 out of Texas A&M University.

well the twins probably though he was not developing fast enough, being 30 and all. thats pretty old now days.

Cleveland Indians

Optioned OF Ben Francisco to Triple-A Buffalo; Reassigned OF Jason Tyner to Minor League camp.

poor little tyner, at least he hit a homer!