Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kingkobbla

TIP UP!!!

6 posts in this topic

WHAT ARE SOME GOOD LAKES IN THE AREA FOR FISHING NORTHERNS WITH A TIP UP. NEVER REALLY DONE IT BEFORE SO SOME HELP WOULD BE NICE. THANKS!!

IF YOU DONT WANNA POST IT ON HERE YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT IRULE_14@YAHOO.COM

Any of the lakes in the flowage connecting Round and Bowstring. This year they set a 9 fish limit for slimers. There is no shortage of them in any of those lakes.

any idea whereabouts thats located. what side of the lake

I think he was saying round sand or bowstring would be the lakes he would try

Jason

Well stated Jason. All the lakes connected by the river systems between Round and Bowstring have the experimental limit. If you have fished any of these lakes with minnows, you would understand. The is an over-abundance of eater sized jack-fish in all these lakes.

As for where on the lake to fish, I don't think it matters. Look at a map for typical pike structure and start drilling holes. Good luck and bring plenty of minnows.

Forest Lake in town is pretty good. If you are having trouble on where to start, I know someone who can show you the ropes. His name is woody jackson. He offers on shore fishing trips (in city limits) mostly in the spring and summer but I'm sure he will take you out to his favorite hunny hole in the winter.

Good luck King!!!