Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
May

Spear Fishing

9 posts in this topic

Could anyone possibly help me out on what lake in the Willmar area is good for spear fishing? Has anyone heard of people spearing on Solomon or Diamond? I currently have my house on Diamond for angling, but want to spear this weekend. Any ides or tips on where to go would be helpful! Thanks a ton! grin.gif

I think the nothern population on Diamond is really down! The DNR says its down and between the neighbor and I who fish 4-5 days out of a week all summer and fall we only got 3 notherns and were fall fish.I'd go elsewhere. cool.gif

you just need to know where to look.....Diamond is a great fall fishing lake....just gotta know where to look...

Went out there this fall and on three separte occasions...we had 7, 13, and 8 northers......all released...

calhoun south of hawicks not bad. go to forums hot topics back oh home page they have a forum just for spearing.

Gwiff I dont fish notherns on purpose on Diamond! But in past years we always caught them while fishin eyes,sunnies & crappies.The last three years there seem to be fewer! in spring there were lots spawning in the bay I live in now very few! frown.gif

What About Green? I would think that the water should be crystal clear. Not sure if anyone has given it a try yet????

I would go to lake florida sloughs I have a buddy who angled out there this year a few times and he said he would catch 50 to 100 northerns every time out with a good number of 4 and 5 pounders.

the slough? how deep is the slough?

i would like to hear more about the spearing on the slough. Never heard or seen of anyone out on it, but have been east of the traps on florida many times.