Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jacedmal

Boyer Lake - Public Boat Access?

8 posts in this topic

Good Morning!

I have been trying to confirm information available in the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources web site, which indicates that there is access available for the public to lunch boats into Boyer Lake, at Becker County, MN.

I would appreciate any information in this regard.

Thanks!

Yes there is a place for the public to launch boats into Boyer lake, might want to wait a few months though... grin.gif... Just kidding. The pulic access is right on State Highway #10 right beside the nursing home, it actually is a very nice public access, "newly remodeled" in the past 5 years or so. Hope this helps.

Eyehunter is right. It is a very nice access and is easy to get on and off.

I would not even THINK about driving out there, however.

The access is not plowed, so it is easy to miss (even for myself). The ice IS NOT DRIVABLE as of yet. The fishing is notoriously spotty at best. I have a definite Love/Hate relationship with the lake. On paper it should be one heck of a fishery, but this remains to be seen in practice. I've been going to the lake on and off for over five years. 9 chances out of 10 I leave disappointed.

Todd --

I am with you.

But for me it is more a Hate/Hate deal.

When it is on, you can tell by the number of people. That lasts a SHORT while.

I have talked to people that Love the lake in the winter and do well, but the guy next to them can't catch a thing.

Talked to a guy at the office that said one of the Mattsons caught a nice big Eye and everyone and their mother came down. They all got next to nothing.

I have fished that lake about 15 times and have lost way more tackle than caught fish. Let's just say it is a (contact us) challenging lake.

smirk.gif

Mattson probably caught the last one!

I've caught 2 dandy 'eyes and 3-4 good sized sunfish in five years. I have caught more fish than that, but not worth mentioning. I wish the lake would make a turn for the better because it is so pretty and so fuggen close.

Ah well, better lakes just 20 more minutes down the trail.

Tried Boyer one day and had no luck...i couldn't find the access so i ended up asking the nursing home if i could park in their parking lot which they allowed, and just walked the extra distance. You are right, looking at a map and the lake structure it should be a key lake, but i also found the map was out dated for depth, the lake must have flooded since the map was made, i found almost a difference in 5-10 feet from what the DNR map showed. Regretfully i have thrown in the towel on lake boyer!

Oh yeah, in all our Boyer Banter, we failed to mention the the lake is up at least 10 feet from the 1964(!) DNR lake map. The water level certainly changes things (a few more humps out there than what appears on the map)

Welcome to the club! You will return to Boyer. Whether you know it or not, it has infected you.... tongue.gif