Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fisherslanding

Oak Lake no.Pine County

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have any info on this lake? Thinkin about hitting it this weekend. DnR website claims nice walleyes in there. Thanks in advance for any info......

Havenot fished it this year but other lakes in the area anr only accessible by foot, lots of slush pockets etc, but i do not know about Oak, but early ice is the best around here Go get em smile.gif

One time fished Oak heavy! First ice good walleye,rest of year really hard,lots a notherns,summer great bass,good sunnie & crappie summer but spottie.First ice eyes Southwest side a point by outlet 20-30 yds east of point and 10-20 south bout 7 ft. of water I always used sucker minnows eyes were always 4-8 lbs if you get one you'll get more if none I dont know where to go.

Fished oak hard the last three years open and hard water can be tough for eyes of any good size in winter. Use large minnows or the little perch will suck ya dry.

Do you think the ice is ok for wheelers?? I have fished lakes north of duluth and they are ok. Are there any springs in that lake?

No springs, Ice???? Where I live now we're pushin 12"

8 northerns smallest was 3 pds. largest was 37" close to 12 pounds i'd guess. The rest were in the five pd range. Sure had a blast with those gators. 2 small walleyes 1 crappie, and a ton of small perch. Great day on a new lake!! I'll be going back.............. wink.gif

Where on the lake did you setup?? It sounds as though you did great,I always nailed notherns,caught one 12 lber once it had 9- 8"notherns in its belly.So was I over the limit??

We fished oak on sunday, we caught 4 northerns biggest was 38 inch, i would say 16 -18 pounds 4 crappies and a dink walleye, lots of ice where we were at!!! Good lucck to all who try oak lake smile.gif