• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

is anyone willing to give up some info about the lake and its hot spots??? im in my second year here at BSU and i'm pretty new to the lakes around here still.

Get a map of the lake and you can see a couple classic spots that will jump out to you those are good places to start. I dont think a lot of guys are going to give up there hot spots. I moved up to Bemidji about six years ago and Im just starting to know a few lakes. Anybody been out on the lake recently? What are the ice conditions?

i was on plantan yesterday, 17fow, no perch, a few marked fish, buddy caught a 24" walleye. pretty slow. last weekend we caught some perch and some small eyes. about 6" of ice

Fished plantanganet last weekend and did very well. Thurs. buddy and i fished (app 19 ft) a couple hours caught 5 and a few perch. Friday setup around 3pm (same area but app. 17ft) and by 8 we were coming off the ice with 12. Glow pink and Green worked best, tipped with a fathead. We used the bigger minnows, kept the small perch off. Had to have caught a couple dozen perch while out.

as for slush we ran across some. Theres a lot of snow on the ice and that weight on the early ice will make your holes flood when u drill them. Just make sure when you setup don't shovel all the snow off right down to the ice, leave yourself a couple inch base, it will at least slow down any flooding and keep you above it.

Quote:

is anyone willing to give up some info about the lake and its hot spots??? im in my second year here at BSU and i'm pretty new to the lakes around here still.

People in here usually dont give out their hot spots, and if they did, other people get angry; because they fear the lake will be over fished.

How does everything look now (12-23)? How is the snow cover? Can a wheeler get out or is a snowmobile needed? Ice thickness? Slush gone?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Juhner, I'm in my 1st year at Bemidji so I know how it is findin a few spots... pm me and I'll clue ya in on a spot I've been havin some luck on if your still interested.

I have a cabin on the South end of the lake, heading up there for first time in the winter this weekend... Can anybody put me on the fish? I'm leaving from the cities and gonna try to get out tonite... What depth, where on the lake, bar? west side? Any help is appreciated.

I know the lake fairly well during the summer, and have really good luck on both walleye's and muskies when i go out for them, I just don't get up there as much during the winter. I was just wondering if anybody has been out lately and catching any eye's. I know one spot where i'm gonna go and see if i can get into some crappies like a guy i know did last spring.

Is Plantagnet safe to drive on? Any springs or parts that should be avoided?

The Schoolcraft river runs through the lake and I know of at least one spring on the southwest side. I've been out there a few times this year and stayed close to the roads (which go all over the lake) and we were fine. We have found nothing less than 14"

Hook, any info on off road stuff would be great. Like if I can access from the north landing with a perm/snow conditions.

mjgrose

You can access the north end just fine. There are roads plowed out there that go all different directions. Off road was rough if you got into some of the deeper hard snow. Hope that helps and good luck!

I havnt been out there for a couple weeks now... but like slayer said there is an access on the north end with plowed roads, so you should be fine bringin out your perm. Get away from the main roads and it does get a bit bumpy out there though!

we were the ones who plowed the road on the southend, and we decided to quit plowing cuase a bunch of people started putting house on the side of the road and were giving us the finger becuase we were drive so close to them, at times there was a green car that would letterly put his portable right on the road. we would be keeping the road kept up but we cant do it if people are going to be stupid about it, right now the key on this lake is to get as far away from the other guys, way sit in a group of houses and fish for the same fish, common give us some room out there its only going to help your self out in the long run, sorry guys felt like i need to say somethnig

Yeah you got a right to get upset if there gonna plop down right on your road. I'd quit plowing too. A couple of us are heading up this week to try and get a few perch and walleyes. Any tips other than stay away from the other people would be appreciated. I don't like fishing in groups anyway and i know there's more than one good spot out there. I've never fished out there in the winter. Are there any spots to avoid out there with the truck. Thanks for any info.

I used to go to the north end of the lake. Less people and more fish. I think anyways. Last year I caught a fair amount up there. I've never really had good luck to the south. Try off the drops and stay on top of the shelves. I always caught nice perch, and eye's. Good luck.