• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I cought my first fish today ever through the ice on shag. I was so excited even tho it was a little small thing.

31762442912_0_ALB.jpg

Thanks guys. It was a blast and they were biting good. I sure am going back there tomorrow. Wish other people were there to talk to. It gets boring by yourself

Wanderer how are the ice conditions in isanti i will be there for my christmas break with my dad.

Did you go by the top secret islands we talked about the other day?? cool.gif

If so, how much ice and what depth? confused.gif

Yea I did. It was slow at first but then picked up around 4:30 to a little after 5.

The ice was about 7-8 inches and i was fishing in about 10-12 feet of water

You gotta start somewhere. The size of the fish don't matter, it is the excitement of pulling something out of a hole in the ice cool.gif

fishnhuntnboy,

You might want to try moving out a bit to the 15-20 the map showed, and keep a line in each depth to see if there is a difference.

They may fluctuate with time of day.

Don't take anyone to your spot.

Watch out for a guy named JustinG, he may try to pretend to be doing a fish census, and ask to fish by you. mad.gif

He is a sneaky one, & will use an alias!! grin.gifgrin.gif

BUT, he will give himself away when he pulls out his power auger and can't figure out why the motor is on the bottom and the blades are on the top! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Yea that is what i am going to do today. I just got lazy yesterday and didnt want to drill anymore holes. lol. Hopefully the outcome will be alot better tonight and everyone will get a great update with pics.

thanks for the heads up. i will look out for him. lol.

fishnhuntboy,

I haven't been out yet, but I've been hearing 6 inch averages. What lake(s) in the area are you thinking about? I can check some out this weekend.

We don't have as much snow on the ground/ice, so I'm hoping for more consistency than what you're seeing up there.

Quote:

Watch out for a guy named JustinG, he may try to pretend to be doing a fish census, and ask to fish by you.
mad.gif

He is a sneaky one, & will use an alias!!
grin.gifgrin.gif

BUT, he will give himself away when he pulls out his power auger and can't figure out why the motor is on the bottom and the blades are on the top!
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I find two things incredibly humorous with your post G.O.:

#1- the title of "Ice Leader" under your name. How on earth were you granted this title anyways?

#2- I am really surprised that you didn't send fishnhuntnboy out to locate my fish shack and drill holes sideways so he could fish under it! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

All kidding aside, cograts on your first fish there, fishnhuntnboy!

Justin

Wanderer i was looking to fish probably spectical, green(isanti) and coon lake. those are probably the only ones i will fish.

Now justin if i was to fish by you, you wouldnt catch anything. lol. just kidding. I think i have found my spot. good luck to you

Well, I was invited to Green last weekend but couldn't go. The guy who went said there was maybe 4 inches out there with a good layer of snow on top. We might be out there this Sunday.

Coon had a couple people go through within the last two weeks I believe. But that always seems to happen out there. I would stay away from the channel(s) and don't take a sled or wheeler out.

I'll see if I can swing by Spec when we go to Green.

Either way, I'll post back here by the end of the weekend. Good luck on my favorite lake!

JustinG

I was given the title "Ice Leader" because "Grand Fish Master" would have been embarrassing, due to my excessive modesty! smirk.gif

I didn't send fishnhuntnboy to locate your fish house and drill holes by it, because last time I saw, it was sitting on top of a rock.

Did you ever wonder why your blades keep getting dull and you never hit any water? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

"excessive modesty" he says. Sheesh! smirk.gif

I think it's time for you get the coffee pot fired back up again!

cool.gifJustin

Yesterday at 8:08 a.m. you weren't at the shop and the lights were off. Just when IS it you serve coffee there?

Yes i was asking in another thread in a cool manner...lol about times.. i need tackle and waxes too.. and info on some things... coffee would be nice too

Yes i was asking in another thread in a cool manner...lol about times.. i need tackle and waxes too.. and info on some things... coffee would be nice too

Watch it there Steve, he will probably slip you a mickey on account of the "Hey Justin" post and you won't be getting off the toilet for a week!

Justin

JustinG

It will be a time delayed Mickey! smirk.gif

Just enough time to get him on the lake where it's cold and windy, then it kicks in! grin.gif

Bwaahhaaahhhaaaaa cool.gif

Went out to shag last night at the same spot and only caught one fish same size as the picture. wouldnt be suprised if it was the same. I went a little deeper but they were not biting.

Went out tonight and caught a 16 inch walleye. two other guys were out there, i knew who they were and one of them caught about 6 fish. it was a good night.

great outdoors thanks for the help. i have been doing alright.

fishnhuntnboy,

Way to go!! cool.gif

Stop by the shop today or Sunday and we can show you another thing you can try!!

BUT, if you see JustinG's vehicle lurking in the alley, keep circling the block until he goes. laugh.gif

He is dying to get some of my walleye tips, and will pop into the shop by "accident" when we are talking, with a big notebook and pencil in his hand! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

That's my boy catching the fish!! Thanks Great Outdoors for pointing him in the right direction. He's been pretty excited catching fish. He has my equipment so I am sure we (he) will try some spots during his break when he comes home. Wanderer, keep us updated on the local action.

I see what you are trying to do G.O. and it isn't going to work!!!! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I probably fish Shagawa as much as anybody in Ely and I could navigate every hidden reef, sand bar, and Walleye hangout out there in my sleep! grin.gif

Well, I guess it is time. Time for me to start the hunt for the Walleyes which will grace the Echo with my face and "Checked in at the Great Outdoors" stamped under it! wink.gif

JustinG

The Fish Exterminator!

ALL RIGHT!!! THATS IT!!!!!

Go ahead, change your name to the "Exterminator"! That just makes it easier to not have that custom Thorne Bros. rod made with the old "Fishmaster" name on it!

And to think, I almost had $92 fall out of my pocket today.

grin.gifgrin.gif