• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cove Bay Ice report and conditions 12/12

WildernessWarmth

as of 3:00 today the ice in the bay was 11"inches in most spots.as you approach the channel the ice was 10"inches and 9"inches at mazomonee point to our first structure.there is alot of slush under the snow which makes plowing and travel tough.we did plow small roads in the bay and marked out to the channel,but will not plow past the channel untill more ice is formed.if you are using a four wheeler you will need chains to get off the road or go out farther.if ice conditions change by friday we will post them as fast as we can.thanks and lets hope for more cold and no snow,good luck and safe fishing.(Jay)

Jay...do you have an e-mail address??? I have a couple questions I'd like to ask you about your place.

I fished cove on sunday with limited success. got a bunch of fish, but had to sort through them for keepers!! still good to get out on the pond!!

Ryan we do have an email address & toll free phone number but until our sponsorship is setup we cannot post phone numbers or email addresses (hopefully we will be setup by the beginning of next week). But if you are in the area stop by and I'd be more than happy to answer your questions.

Ryan, You can give me a call if you want. I know them very well and have their number.612-327-0812, feel free anytime, might even be able to key you in a few good spots around there!

sounds like it wont be to much longer untill we get on the main lake.thanks for the post,i will look to future posts and conditions.(are you going to post fishing reports also ?)

Jay,

wondering how far and to what locations/structure you typically have your roads going out to?

Wilderness covers cove bay, then out off of mazzominee point. There is a ton of structure there. Then they head out to kings hump and cover all of the other structure around there. Then they get out to spirit island and the structure around it. All of these areas produce fish year around and do not get very much fishing pressure. Last year I never once had my house moved and caught limits of eyes till the last weekend of walleye!

All I can say is Jay loves his 6.0l Fords. Look for them on the ice roads in cove, you can not miss them. Black and Green. grin.gif

We cover cove bay,mazzomonee point,horseshoe,king,s hump,spirit island,and several other structures in between.we have between 4-5 miles of roads going out on the main lake.we will also be giving weekly fishing reports as to what we are told and verify.(not inflated reports just to get bussiness)i am also a fisherman who likes the truth when being told reports!!!!!

Quote:

Ryan we do have an email address & toll free phone number but until our sponsorship is setup we cannot post phone numbers or email addresses (hopefully we will be setup by the beginning of next week). But if you are in the area stop by and I'd be more than happy to answer your questions.

This is great to hear. cool.gif

I would like to be the first to say welcome. I think it will be a big plus for you guys. It is great to be able to talk about Wilderness Warmth now, with out violating forum police in some way or another.

I know Jay and Amber personally and can say they are very patient and well tempered people.

I have not seen you guys in awhile now and it will be nice to see you soon. In one of the ways I know of them, they where one of the best people/customers I had the privilege of working with. I loved helping them and they where valued customers. This is why I had my shack brought to their resort. I tell ya, Jay has some stories to share.

Shackbash,thanks for the compliment.look forward to seeing you on the lake!!!!.i'll try to have some new stories for you(wont be hard)and thanks to everyone else with the positive feedback we will work hard to do our best to make everyones time on and off the lake enjoyable.we enjoy fishing as much as you guys do,so lets have a great year and i look forward to meeting all the new people.(Jay)

Hey everyone that reads this Jay has the best roads in the business.I have been to many resorts and when you are way out there you dont get near the service that you get when you are close to shore. Well I was at the end of the road and I had a great road. THANKS JAY

Hey Jay are we going to get houses out in the bay this weekend the us know thanks laugh.gif

jay,

i havent been up to mille lacs ice fishing this year yet...

from years past, i know there has been a road going out just west of cove public access. i think it might be 100th ave? is that the road you are talking about?

im just waiting for either driveable ice or to hook up with a friend with 4-wheeler/snowmobile.

regards,

minnesotatuff

I would say "yes". It runs out the old public access in cove, but I will let Jay have the final word on this.

yes that is our plowed road,we have it marked with orange and green stakes all the way out to spirt island.there is a sign at the access and light.

Jay, it was nice talking to you on the phone tonite!! I'll stop in this winter sometime and meet you in person!!!

I too know Jay, very good guy, great stories also. Can't wait to catch up with u guys. Keep up the good work Jay!

Dan cool.gif

My Husband and I have been with Amber's family for almost 20 years. Her Dad and Uncle built our fish house. If anyone is looking for a place to store thier fish house,I would highly suggest Wilderness Warmth. Amber and Jay are terrific people.They work very hard each winter to keep us safe out there. Thier roads are ALWAYS in beautiful condition. Best of all,Jay absolutely is the best at putting you where the fish are. We catch eyes year after year. Thanks Amber and Jay smile.gif

I agree, Jay has great roads. Two years ago he really had to work hard to make us safe with some bad ice heaves on the road, he and his crew did a great job. He also puts me on fish, but that doesn't mean I catch them...although I'd rather be on the ice than at work.

jay, have you got any idea about how long it might be before i can drive a f150 4x4 out toward spirit island or around mezzamani point a little?

hope to see you soon.

regards,

minnesotatuff