• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HI F.M.ERS,

JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT YOU STILL NEED YOUR I.D. ON A PORTABLE, A GUY OVER BY ORR, MINN WHO WAS FISHING ASH LAKE GOT A $100 TICKET...YESTERDAY.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

I little clarification on the rules. You only need a fish house license if it is left unattended overnight. Here is a quote from the MN DNR site. This is new this year

“For the 2007-2008 winter season, residents and nonresidents will need the appropriate fish house license only if the fish house is left unattended on the ice overnight,”

DiverDan - I believe he's referring to a shelter ID ie your DNR#, name and address, and/or driver's license. Different horse than a fish house license.

A clarification to the clarification.

You do not need a shelter license if you have a portable or never leave the shelter, in other words if you drag a shelter out fish out of it and drag it back you don't need a shelter license. But I think the initial post was to make sure people know that you still need to have identification on your portable and all other shelters. Here is the information directly from the fishing regulations.

Quote:

All shelters, which include dark houses, fish houses, and portable shelters, placed on the ice of Minnesota waters must have either the (1)complete name and address, (2)driver’s license number, or (3)the nine-digit Minnesota DNR number on the license of the owner plainly and legibly displayed on the outside in letters, and figures at least 2 inches in height.

laugh.gif

One has to wonder where they, the STATE is going to make up Revnue lost by this?

Seems we is going to pay some other way.

May a tax on fishing on clear days VS cloudy days...maybe a moon phase tax...Something got to give.

tongue.gif

I agree they will make it up somewhere.........and I just found one area. I went to get my 2008 ATV tabs the other day, so I can go use my shelter that I do not have to buy a tag for now, and was shocked to find out the tab went up from $36 to $51!!!!!! A 42% increase????? They will get the shelter tag money from us anyway..............So Bring extra money with you if your tabs are due this 12/31/07.

I am sure the fishing licenses are going to be increase next.

D.Led.

I was out sat. with my boys, and got checked twice. Both times they made sure of the ID. In the past they said they would not pay as much attention to this, but now the change in the LICENSE law, you will get a ticket for no IDENTIFICATION

I wonder also about why they wanted to get rid of licenses for portables. They (dnr) complain about money, and then they cut the license, doesn't make much sense. If there really enough people griping about licensing a portable, they can always go back to sitting on a bucket in the open.

I really doubt that it was the decision of the DNR to eliminate the fishhouse licenses.

Cliff

I sit out on a bucket in the open all the time and enjoy it, until it get to be 30 below then i have to tag along with someone who has a fishouse and heater wink.gif

Putting a license on a portable was a pain. Last year I bought 3 licences. One for my permanent and 2 for portables. I have friends come from the cities and I seem to be the outfitter, and of course by the end of a trip a license was missing.

I do know last year a lot of people were buying one license then going to get replacements for their other houses.

It is a good thing, but be assured that they will recoup the funds elsewhere...