• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FLake weed harvester eliminated

I heard that they are not going to run the weed harvester next summer on FLake. Hopefully we don't have another summer like last year with no rain and hot temps. Any thoughts, good or bad?

I would say good. It made the lake very difficult to fish at times. Weed lines would disappear, floating weeds would make working any kind of topwater miserable...I say shut it down!!

Baaad! People are not going to be happy with the weed growth in the lake this next summer! Goood! It may bring to light that each homeowner around the shoreline doesn't need to have perfectly manicured lawn right to the waters edge. Funny the lake association members are up in arms about the weeds that encroached on the recreation that they have on the lake this summer but each one rteally likes the lawn that they have right to the waters edge. I am all for the harvester being put on the shelf for a year because untill the people that live on the lake realize that they are the ones degrading the water quality and the experience that they so enjoy they won't do anything about it! My parents are included in this rant! Funny how you don't do anything to help untill it is too late! There is a FL lake asociation that is newly formed as of this year to address some of these issues but untill they can get the members and backing they need it is going to just keep going south. Let the weed harvester rest, it is not the lakes fault it is the people around the lake. What can you do? Join the lake association and give them the input that you as a sportsperson desires! We can all do our part! Ice cleanup is a great start. We had our first annual last year and it was a rousing success. You don't have to own lakeshore to be apart of the association! Education is what we need here but there are alot of unwilling people that live along the lake that need to hear this. So, in my rant, I say put the harvester away, because unless it interferes with the local lake dwelling customs, NOTHING, will change. You all can make a difference!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Keep us posted on that ice clean up, I would love to get out there with my son. A good lesson to be learned there I bet.

Setterguy, will do! We had a small FM showing last year but a great showing for people in the community! Keep looking in the paper for the lake association meetings. The people that are on the board are pretty approachable and very interested in keeping up the health of the lake. I plan on being out there again and cleaning so the more hands the easier the work!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

i agree 100%!!! you dont like the weeds, quit fertalizing the lawns!!! it is an amazing arial veiw early summer, green lawns= weeds,weeds,weeds. Go figure huh?

I was very disappointed this fall, we were having a hard time finding the weed line, it was like the dead sea.Pull the plug on the harvester!

Please keep us posted about the ice clean-up. I do spend some time on this lake year round, so I can do my part!! thnx!

do you guys ever have an FM get together out there?