Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grogan

Any good drag out spots in south metro

12 posts in this topic

I'm new the apple valley area and was wondering about some good spots to drag a portable out in the area. I don't have a wheeler or sled so the closer the better. Thanks

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota.

Scroll down the list of forums to the Metro Lake forum, there's a lot of good info in there for you.

Grogan, try LacLavon (or however it is spelled). The sunnies are dinks but they will keep you busy. Be sure to keep your bobber barely bouyant since they are real light biters. Have fun and let us know how it went.

thanks man but kinda more interested in walleye northern or muskie you know the usual.

how new to the metro area are you? do you know of other locations, or are you just looking for a 10 minute drive? I can help you out with some locations if you are willing to drive 20-30 minutes.

BigTime, could you email me at Ram_N_R6 att yahoo.com

I don't know much for fishing around the Apple Valley but get stuck up there every once in a while on weekends.

FWIW: I'm practice CPR. I haven't kept a fishing in years.

Ryan

Grogan-

Be aware that muskie season closes on Dec. 15, so only two more days if you plan on targeting them.

You can try prior lake upper and lower both have decent ice you can drag you gear out to. Every thing you are looking for except muskies. If your after muskies try cedar very good lake mixed bag of fish. Good Luck and Good Fishin

I just moved into the South metro and am thinking about getting out this weekend. I was thinking of trying Odowd, or maybe Spring. Anyone have any recommendations? Not looking for the secret spot, just some general thoughts. Much appreciated!

just looking for something close by. I know the west metro well. work most nights til 8 so kinda looking for a decent spot to go for a couple of hours close by. thanks to everyone for the info.

Joe what do mean looked at dnr said feb.24 muskie ends?

grogan - If you are familiar with the west metro, and pike, skis and eyes is what you like to catch, try Waconia and/or buffalo, one of these lakes should be not too far from you and offer good numbers of eyes and pike with a chance of a muskie in waconia. To start, get a lake map of both these lakes, there is a group of houses every year on most of the key walleye spots on both these lakes, fish weedlines or in the weeds during the day for pike/skis.