Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
fishmeister_86

SHELTER I.D.

fishmeister_86    0
fishmeister_86

HI F.M.ERS,

JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT YOU STILL NEED YOUR I.D. ON A PORTABLE, A GUY OVER BY ORR, MINN WHO WAS FISHING ASH LAKE GOT A $100 TICKET...YESTERDAY.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Rainydaze    0
Rainydaze

Thats too bad! The powers to be in that area have earned there not too friendly reputation. Contrary to that area I was very impressed with Game Warden K******** here on Rainy! As much as I have been critical in the past to some warden encounters in the Orr area I must admit we have a quality guy here. Last year my permanent house had my numbers blown off it in hurricane like winds. He came and checked me being very professional, and frankly a nice guy. He let me know that I needed numbers on the outside of my house. I let him know that they had just blown off, and he said to make sure I replace them. I assured him I'd take care of it asap. Later on that day he returned to my shack with my numbers in hand that be had found on the lake! I'd say above and beyond the call of duty, and beyond that thanks for being courteous Mr.K! Maybe some of the others could learn that there are more effective ways to manage our resources with our money other than the old fashioned chip on your shoulder fish and game cops. Sounds like a good article idea. Also sounds like a good way to be a marked man on the lake or in the woods! Hmnnn!

RD

Black_Bay    0
Black_Bay

C.O. S in Ray and C.O. F in Orr have reputations of being VERY by the book. Not that it's a bad thing but they have a zero tolerance policy so a person needs to make sure they are 110% legal. For me that's no problem while fishing or hunting but sometimes while snowmobiling... wink.gif

Good thing C.O. K checked you Rainydaze because both of the others may have given you a ticket for no i.d. and a littering ticket if they found your numbers on the ice. I've been checked twice by C.O. K and he's been very professional. I like his style of enforcement. We need more guys like him. Some of the park rangers could take a lesson on how to deal with the public from him.

Rainydaze    0
Rainydaze

I hear that Black Bay! I had a little incident with a C.O deer hunting a couple years ago. It was in front of our whole deer hunting party over a ridiculously petty oversight. Without getting into detail I was dealt with in a very snyde and cocky attitude. Still gets my blood boiling when thinking about it. Yep I also agree after a few boatside consultions with the Rangers they also could use a little personality check, but focusing on the positive "Kudos to C.O. K! for a much more effective, and friendly way to do his job. Trust me there are plenty of worthy offenders on the lake to write tickets! I could write littering tickets daily just overlooking the access off the deck while knocking down brats. I say Lets lay the wood to the offenders and work together with the rest. Seemingly C.O. K understands the grand scheme of the position. Isolation or the Officer against the world theory is "old school", and not doing our resources any good. I was told the DNR's official position on the portable licensing was that the monies were earmarked for cleaning up shorelines, and pollution directly caused by fishhouse use. No argument there as frankly many are leaving far to much garbage behind, and this certainly doens't only pertain to house users. Sounds like the monies lost from a ridiculous "Portable Licensing fee" will be regained through other license increases. I guess it doesn't take a mathematical genius to figure the operating budget of the MN DNR would surely shore up the shortfall. I for one am willing to help the DNR on there clean up day here on Rainy when they have it. Ha! I'd like to see the records on there shoreline cleanup days... Hmmnnn! Maybe we don't keep records of it huh! I'll gladly show my clean up time, and maybe we can work out a deal.

RD

Husky28    0
Husky28

Is it the same (L.S.) C.O. in Ray, that was there 10 years ago?

What's Canada's rules on portables?

fishmeister_86    0
fishmeister_86

HEY HUSKY,

YES///NO PORTABLE LICENSE OR I.D. NEEDED IN ONTARIO.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER