Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KrappieKiller

Miltona Ice Conditions Update

6 posts in this topic

I was recently informed by a resort on Lake Miltona that there is approximately 5" or so of ice on the lake. With snow anywhere from a couple inches to a couple feet, and some slush under that. It was unclear if 5" is the minimum or if there are areas with less than that (I would guess there are some areas that have less than that.)

Has anybody been out fishing?

Can anybody elaborate on this ice report?

Killer - I was out last Friday and Saturday on the main lake coping with the brutal temps, and the ice was anywhere from 5" to 7" and making ice quickly given the temps. Snow amounts vary as you mentioned, heavier by shore and wind blown in spots out on the lake. There were slush areas, but nothing too serious that we ran into.

Didn't see another house out on the main lake, although there were a couple down in the north and south bays on the east side. Didn't venture down to the west end, although Ghotierman or others can probably fill you in on that side of the lake.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Thanks for the update Anderland,

I'm planning on heading up there next week Wednesday or Thursday, so I'm thinking we should be okay bringing the wheeler out. I would think if there was 5-7 last weekend, that by next wednesday the ice should be in pretty good shape.

Well that seems to cover the ice conditions....how about the fishing?

any updates on miltona? I will be coming down there in the next week or so and was just wondering how ice conditions are and how the bite has been.

Talked to another resort yesterday, they say that the ice conditions are not improving much at all. Ice is still around the 5 inch mark, and there is a lot of slush and water on top of the ice.

We were on Miltona Sunday. Fished out of Lucky Acres on the west side. We measured ice that was anywhere from 5" to 12". The thickness realy varies out there. Alot of slush.