Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goosekilla116

buffalo ice

3 posts in this topic

what the heck is going on out there ice is very thin in some places and thicker in others? any one find a spot with good ice out there

The south end of the lake has pretty consitent ice with most of it between 6-8". The north end of the lake and some spots in the middle are pretty spotty because they either didn't freeze over right away or the snow prevented the formation. That ice then froze before the second storm and ice production has been so slow you can see the differences. Just remeber if you go out to check the ice.

The wind was keeping about five or six holes open in front of the courthouse area before the first snow and I think they froze the night before the snow. Very thin. They were about 30-100 foot accross. A very large area by the north access was also open. This along with the second snow will keep the north end very spotty for quite a while. I am going to try to get the wheel house out with the 4 wheeler near the middle if possible from the south side this weekend. If not I know I can get out a ways where I can catch some fish. I had about 7-7.5 inches on sunday everywhere I checked on the south side. I did not go real far out though. Only far enough to catch some fish.