Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wallamander_Slamer

Sauk Lake???????

11 posts in this topic

Whats going on at Sauk lake off of hwy. 71 access?? Seen lots of portables never fished it. any info would be cool

most of those guys are spearing, but i heard they are also catching crappies in the same area

alot of spear houses line the northern shore by the public access.. if you look out east further those are houses chasing sunnies and crapples on the flats.. I used to have a cabin there a few yrs ago so I know the routine.. lol

Spearing and chasing crappies... Try it out... Pretty Fun there.

Went out there last night, sat from 400 in the afternoon till 1030 at night. Caught maybe 25 crappies, they were all real small. Not big enough to eat all were thrown back to grow. Pretty busy out there though.

what was the ice conditions like

It was bout 10-12 clear with about 2-3 in cloudy on top. We fished 20 ft off of diamond point. It was real rough on top of the ice slush froze bad. Pretty busy out there especially after 5:00

thanks for the report on the ice

Any new news on Suak Lake since the 1st? How thick is the ICE? Fishing report at all? We have a cabin on the lake and are first time Ice-Fishermen. We have the case of beer. And are set to go \:\) Any help would be appreciated.

A member of my family is out almost every day, and there aint much going on, but then again we are fishing for walleyes. I have heard that the crappies are bitting but there is no size to them.

Sounds like Sauk Lake in the summer \:\) No luck onthe Northers either I suppose?