Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
palisade1kid

Gonna try Wauk tonight

7 posts in this topic

Since work burns all of my daylight time,we are going to hit Waukenabo tonight to see if we can do any damage.

Early on a guy can snake out some nicer fish.

I'll shoot some pics if I find anything worth shooting.

I noticed the houses that are out there are away from the island. There was open water there the day before the first big snow so I imagine that it is not too safe in that area.

We did not go.

I know there is some thin ice out there.

how are the smaller lakes doing for ice conditions CK?

I would like to try fleming the weekend before christmas if there is not too much slush, plus I need to use my wheeler to pull out the house. confused.gif

Most all lakes have the same conditions.

8" of ice and slushy spots.The snow is settling which will help.

I was on Gun this weekend. Pulling a small portable with a wheeler was difficult. Deeper drifts in area from last weeks high winds coupled with slush make it tough going.

I have a fish trap pro and a 350 Honda. I made it around but there are areas where it has become solid only to fall off into the slush.

Ice has thickend up. One spot last night there was no water but after an hour we had to move the equipment to as not to freeze in. Water kept coming up.

The lake remains a mess.

I hear ya singin CrappieTodd.

We did hit Wauk Fri. night and there planty of slush pockets.

The snow has to settle or it needs to get 30 below for a few days for it to firm up.

It sure is a chore fishing right now.