Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hanson

Yearly Attempt at a FM Metro Get-Together!

99 posts in this topic

Hey fellow Metro Ice-Fisherman!

I've had a few requests now to put together a Metro FM Get-Together. I'm a pretty busy little dude come winter, spending most of my time outside the metro, but meeting a number of folks who fish locally is always fun too!

A Metro Get-Together will more than likely happen on a Saturday sometime this winter. The lake is still yet to be determined and is open to popular opinion!

As with all FM Get-Togethers, the premise is "fun", "fellowship", "fishing" , and just hanging out and having a good time. Anglers of all skill levels are welcome!

We obviously have some great lakes in the metro to choose from so throw out your votes wisely! Will it be Tonka? Medicine? White Bear? Forest? Calhoun? Nokomis? Prior? or???? Outer metro lakes are options as well such as Sarah or further north to Rush.

I've got a couple bait shops in mind that would more than likely be willing to "sponsor" the event but details would obviously have to be worked out!

This is a topic to way your opinion and interest if you are interested and lets get the ball rolling, eh? grin.gif

I'll be there if I can. Did one last year and it was a blast.

Sounds like a blast. How about Prior Lake, good fihing and plenty of room.

I would second Prior Lake, since I could probably make that one.

I would definitely be willing to go to this depending on location. My vote is for Tonka though but I would not object to Prior either. grin.gif

I'll be there. I second prior or Tonka. Also, Bald Eagle might be an idea as well as FL.

I'd show to Prior or Tonka, but others wouldn't be bad either. Isn't Medicine also a likely spot from years past? We could even go as soon as Sat the 22nd (before Christmas) if it worked out on short notice.

I would love to get out somewhere and meet up with some members from FM.

I've never fished Tonka or Prior so my vote would be for one of them.

I'm relatively new to the FM site, but I wouldn't mind joinging the crew for an outing... I like the idea of Prior.

welcome to FM!! Hope you grow as an outdoorsman like the rest of us

I'm in, sounds like Prior is a popular choice, works for me!

How about the Langton Pond in Roseville - seems to be a lot of interest in it lately grin.gif

I'm in!

How 'bout if we do 2, 3 or 4 then we can hit tonka, prior, medicine, calhoun. Maybe 1 each month???

Or is that too much work?

I'll be there. FM gatherings in the past have been great, especially if we choose a day when there isn't a -20 windchill (anyone else remember that day on White Bear?).

I like the idea of Prior or Tonka. I've never fished either so would be nice to try it out with people that have fished it before. If we can do it between the 18th and early Jan I can bring my Dad with since my folks will be in town for Christmas.

Prior's a great lake to try. I was out there quite a few times last year and would almost always find the crappies. Sandmannd, shoot me an e-mail and I'll tell you where to go.

I'm game for most lakes- I'd just need to know far enough in advance to make the needed arrangements.

I too am pretty new to the site but I'd be willing to try any of the lakes named.

I am game if it is a Sunday. I work Sat's so I cant make it on a Sat. I would love to meet some of yalls.

Sure, why not grin.gif

I think Prior or Tonka would be a lot of fun, both have a lot to offer! I am game just name the time and the place and i'll be there, We should however put a date together so we can all plan on then... See ya there FM'ers

I think Prior or Tonka would be a lot of fun, both have a lot to offer! I am game just name the time and the place and i'll be there, We should however put a date together so we can all plan on then... See ya there FM'ers!!!

sounds like alot of fun. Theres nothing better then meeting new faces off the site to get to know more and more people.

Prior or Tonka are good options as well as any other mentioned.

I live a mile away from Prior and have only ice fished it twice... crazy.gif

Looks like its going to be a good turn out already based on the replies. cool.gif

I would be game for Forest Lake I fish it a little bit summer and winter it would be nice to learn that lake a little bit more

Big Fish Hunter247