• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm sad to admit I have lost my phone to good old duck lake, crappies biting and I suppose it does not help when I left my phone on my lap. Anyone else lose anything yet? I'm sure this list will grow always does

my buddy lost his phone to the hole this last weekend...anything that falls is going down the hole, its like a magnent!

Mine fell in the live well. After that would you believe that the holes in the wader pockets that let water out let water in. Yep two fried! I love the phone insurance NOT! $150. phone replaced with junk. pluss $50. fee???? What? Alltel/Allsmell/Allsuck

With Alltel, go on Ebay and buy replacements. I just did it for my daughter and got a new Kyocera slider for $ 50.00

Beats the deductible.....

I used to have a rule in my fish house, no phones allowed. That bit me in the butt one time though when I ran out of the frosty beverages on Frances on the West end. Long walk back to the truck to call the wife to do a resupply mission of Schmidt's to the shanty!

Yup, lost my phone the first time out this year! Now I have one at the bottom of washington and german! mad.gif

I don't know about loosing phones down the hole, although I have came close. I usually just end up with a wet glove from losing a big one at the top of the hole.

I've lost one to Cedar and Carls. I'm just waiting for it to happen this year. crazy.gif

Ive never lost my phone down the hole, but last year i lost my radio down the ice hole on washington. It was sitting on top of the bait bucket, and I bumped it with my elbow and it went down the hole, my buddy just stared down the hole and watched it go. Maybe it is still playing music down there for the fish to listen to. wink.gif

Another time last year we were tip up fishing on lake marion in lakeville, we were ready to pack up and my brother was kicking his nice 5# northern back to the sled to take it home and just as he was about to kick it once more my cousin said "watch out for that..." and just as he was about to say 'hole' down went the northern. It was just caught 5 min before that so the fish still lived but my brother was not happy about it. grin.gif

I just love this post.

So, what else have people lost down the hole? I think I'm good for at least 1 ice scoop, a forceps or jaw spreader, a handful of jigs and a rod holder every season. grin.gif

My ex, threw my ice chisel down the ice hole, I then used a friends, I threw his down the hole, so then I went to a shack next to me, and explained what happend, and told him I promise I would tie the rope on me so it doesnt end up down the hole. So I got the holes cleaned up, I went to grab the chisel, knocked it down the hole. Went to the neighber to tell him about it, he laughed so hard, I gave him $20. That was 3 chisels in less then an hour frown.gif.

A couple years ago, the day after christmas, me and my son went out fishing. He brought his brand new gameboy with him. He was playing it, had a bite, set it on his lap, SPLASH! He cried so much, the next day I had to go buy him another one!

Also a few years ago, I had caught my personal best walleye, a friend that was with me grabbed it out of the hole, it flopped a little bit and went right back down the hole frown.gif, I think I cried after that. It was atleast 14lbs frown.gif.

Two rod holders,

a rod, not in a rod holder, should have been...

small tackle box,

countless depth testers,

keys,

clippers,

knife,

and a brick....don't ask about that one.

2 phones

maglight

threw a rod into a hole(temper tantrum) crazy.gif

a lantern( wife kicked it in but snagged it with a spoon and got it back)

Every time I log on, this post has something new added on.

LMAO! grin.gif

Keep the stories coming; I am really getting a kick out of this.

A brick? We'll talk later. grin.gif

my buddy lost his 400 buck sidekick 3 device down the hole... he looked like he saw the ghost when he lost it...after that incident he dont talk to me anymore and i left my sidekick in car or left in my coat pocket with zipper close.

love this topic.. keep the stories coming...

..brick..got be a good story abt it... i m waiting for it...

Just met my buddies friend for the first time and was a guest of his in his nice big permanent....Checking my tip-up and dropped his new LED flashlight down the hole and stuck it in the mud below shining straight up at my shiner....Stayed lit for almost 45 minutes, but no bites! I thought I might have been on to something had it worked... frown.gif

I fish with an old schooler. I'm not saying he's old, just that he's a little slower to try new things. Anyway after a couple of years of me using glow jigs and charging them up a with super bright LED flashlight, he finally decided to get in on the action. I think he was sick of me constantly outfishing him. He buys a couple of glow jigs and Lindy Tazer. I was already out in the perm when he showed up that morning, and he was so proud of his new gadget that he handed it right over. I gave it the quick lookie loo and found the caribiner hasp. Whoa that's nifty. Thing snapped right out of my hands and right down the hole. Should of had video. We both were leaning over the hole watching it flit back and forth on it's way to the bottom. I looked up at him the same time he looked up at me and we both started laughing. He never even got a chance to use it. I bought him a new one the next day. He wears it on a dealy bob around his neck now.

Ho Hmmmm, wasn't going to tell this one, but I suppose everyone else is sharing their stories. I lost a boot down a hole one time when I was a kid fishing in a fishing derby with my dad. It was the end of the derby and my dad and I were walking back to the truck and someone covered his hole with snow so you couldn't see it. crazy.gif Well as we were walking poof down I went. I got so freaked out that I just jerked my leg up and when it came back through my boot heal got caught on the edge of the ice and I came back through the ice, boot less. My dad tried to retrieve after the initial what the heck just happened, but fishing on a river with a dam, things don't stay under the ice for long. Ever try and hop across ice on one leg, doesn't work so well. Ever tried to carry your son when he is far beyond the carrying stage, doesn't work well either. Solution, the old grocery bag around the foot and a quick walk back to the truck. Aside from a boot, the usual, keys and oh man I don't know how many ice scoopers and depth finders. I buy depth finders in the bulk now. Although I have solved most of my problems with a new ski doo jacket that has all zippered pockets!!!!

Devils Lake. Talking back and forth on the two ways for awhile and sploosh there she goes. wasn't three minutes and my buddie comes over and says bite to good to talk to me. Nope it was just down the hole! Lots of $h!t taken for that.

Buddie comes in and leans over hole to see whats biting. By By sunglasses. $150 lesson.

I won a contest a few years ago about this very subject on the Outdoor Channel. I was fishing at East Graham in SW Mn and in a 4x8 with my oldest daughter, got there opened the holes, baited the first line, and watched it go down, baited the other 3 and watched them down, then some darn slush came up in one of the holes so I leaned over to scoop it out and PLOOOOOP, there went my glasses...... needless to say after the shoulder deep plunge and cuss fest, my daughter cryed thinking she was gonna get yelled at. I called my buddies to come help and get the camera.... well when I went back into the shack I had a bobber down, not realizing what hole it was, I felt for tension and just kinda had dead weight on it, but not too heavy.....

what I caught were my prescription glasses which fell 6 feet down and the minnow had wrapped around the bridge of my glasses!!!! They never hit the bottom.

Quote:

I won a contest a few years ago about this very subject on the Outdoor Channel. I was fishing at East Graham in SW Mn and in a 4x8 with my oldest daughter, got there opened the holes, baited the first line, and watched it go down, baited the other 3 and watched them down, then some darn slush came up in one of the holes so I leaned over to scoop it out and PLOOOOOP, there went my glasses...... needless to say after the shoulder deep plunge and cuss fest, my daughter cryed thinking she was gonna get yelled at. I called my buddies to come help and get the camera.... well when I went back into the shack I had a bobber down, not realizing what hole it was, I felt for tension and just kinda had dead weight on it, but not too heavy.....

what I caught were my prescription glasses which fell 6 feet down and the minnow had wrapped around the bridge of my glasses!!!! They never hit the bottom.

I cant believe that would ever happen again. smile.gif

I've had cd players, spearing decoy's. Yes plural and at the same time. confused.gif My best was a new jiggin rap last year, must not have pulled on the knot to tighten it down, 1 jig and everything went limp. frown.gif A yes and a full unopened beer. I cried on that one.