Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hoggs222

Best rental houses for large groups (6-10 people) ?

8 posts in this topic

I have a icefishing/fantasy football weekend to plan. I am from MN, most are not. Most attending have never thought about walking, even better, driving on the ice. I am looking for a sleeper house on Mille Lacs for Feb. 22-24. There will be around 6-8 people, all men, so no double beds. Where can I rent a sleeper house with some or all of the following things:

Bathroom

Oven/Stovetop

TV/DVD?

Decent bar near the resort (that you can drive to from the ice)

I do like Hunter Winfields, but what bars are around there?

I would check out Garrison sports. I am sure they would accomodate your requests plus they are right in town. The Blue Goose is a great spot for some nightlife just as you get off the lake.

Jason Erlandson

I would check out Appledoorn's as well. They have houses with everything you have listed in your note.

http://www.sunsetbayml.com/

I've rented from Eddy's once, Brandt's once and McQuoids three times. By far the nices houses I've stayed in are out of McQuoids. They are new and have everything you are looking for and more. There is also a bar where you drive on the lake as well, pretty decent.

That said, I've ever really had all that much success fishing out of any of the resort houses I've stayed in on Mille Lacs.

Good Luck!

-Chris

I was leaning toward Macs or Hunter Winfields. I like the houses at Macs. I've been there quite a few times. I just don't know if we can cram 6 of us in the house. It might be a good idea for us to rent 2 houses?

I would look into Hunters Point also. The weekend you are looking at is the weekend of the Perch Extravaganza. You and your group could go home with a wheelhouse or a all expense Vegas trip or any of the other hundreds of prizes.

It is hosted at Hunters anyway.

Try the Wharf, they have some new houses that have DVD players and a dish, all tong and grove and are big too. And Terry makes they best breakfast. Dinner For like $6 they will fry up your fish and give you a salad and hash browns or what ever you want with it.

At that time of the year, our houses will be out at Hennepin Island - from there, you can drive to Buzzie's at Mac's Twin Bay - they have a bar and restaurant.