Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skiinglady

Some Idi0t put his car through on Long Lake in New Brighton!

10 posts in this topic

He's lucky he didn't get himself killed! He was in about 18 feet of water and fortunately for him just the front end went through. What an idi0t! For Pete's sake, when I was checking the ice last Thursday I stabbed a spud bar clear through on one jab like I was pushing it through pudding. Long Lake is notorious for bad ice conditions. I just hate it when people die on MY lake. A kid and an old man drowned on Long Lake already this summer. Enough!

Yikes!! No good. A little early for cars, I haven't even been out with the portable yet??!

It was on the news. The guy was apparently drunk and it sounds like the car did manage to make it to the bottom of the lake after he got out. crazy.gif

Not good. Makes the rest of us look bad.....again frown.gif

Skiinglady,

Is the ice safe over by the double glass door shed just north of the beach?

not sure, but it sounds like someone opened up a heck of a nice spear hole. I guess you just can't coach intelligence.

Does anyone know if they pulled the car out yet? Also, was it straight out from the landing? If it snows again it would be nice to know where to avoid.

All I can say is wow I've been wanting to WALK out there for the past two weeks but have been waiting for to see someone else out first.

Quote:

Skiinglady,

Is the ice safe over by the double glass door shed just north of the beach?

I'm not exactly sure where you are talking about but I skied across the ice north of the beach before I made it down to where the individual put his car through. There have been a few people out fishing. Not much catching from the people I talked to.

If you go around the point to the north of the beach and into that little bay before the narrows there is a lot of water on the ice. I skied across it last evening. No fun to ski in but I think the ice was okay. It held me up.

Quote:

Does anyone know if they pulled the car out yet? Also, was it straight out from the landing? If it snows again it would be nice to know where to avoid.

It's straight out from the boat ramp. 150 yards or so. I'm surprised he made it that far onto the ice. There are Thin Ice signs surrounding the spot now.

The Kare 11 news reporter was at the site today and told me that the car sank. It was still sitting on top of the ice when I came across it at 5:00 last evening. I hope they get the car out of there soon. I don't want my kids swimming in 10W-30 and battery acid next spring.

ski-lady,

your talking alot worse in the dong than oil and acid. Lived on the lake for 20+ years and she's got the kitchen sick plus anything you can think on the bottom.

The lake needs a good crappie bed. 18FOW on south end is about perfect.