Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boar

Any news at long point with the ice?

8 posts in this topic

Was wondering how the ice is at long point, any breakers, an hows the fishing? boar.

not sure about long point.but i been out at zipple and zipple isnt that far form there.the fishing was awesome and the ice was 13 inches thick.still only 4 wheeler travel.nick is letting trucks drive to the sand bar,but then its atv's or sleds onto the big lake

I cannot tell you how thick the ice is but it looked really good over there. I stopped by there last weekend and I couldn't see any breakers to speak of. I will be up there this coming weekend and I will give you an update when I return.

Jason

www.hardwateradventures.com

hardwater@wiktel.com

Hey boar, Its time to take Emil and head out. We were at Long Point today we had to move around some to find fish and the ice was about 13" where we cut. we found fish in 24-25 fow. No trucks out yet just very light vehicles, ATV's & snowmobiles, we crossed some "live small cracks" nothing big or heaves, there are rough spots out there, but its about average.

Thanks guys for the info, just cant decide weatherto go to west gull or long point, an tracking down emil is like a trying to pick which reef to fish it aint easy but he knows to be ready. later boar Hey King what did it look like over by twin Island? Thats the area I like to be in.

boar we went east so couldn't see that far, however a lot of the resort houses are going out that way, but not very far west yet.

Hey Kingfisher. grin.gif Figured you would post some thing. How was the fishing tho? Who went with you? Been busy here being this is my crunch time. About out of long Icesaws and Stenberg’s had puter problems and now they can’t get the material for the blades. Mark said Monday but he said that over a week ago. Over 3 weeks and still waiting on blades. confused.gif

Go fishing a couple of extra times for me and catch a wall hanger wink.gif

Fish Toys, you got mail.