Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daddyducker

Hunters Bay

6 posts in this topic

Just wondering what the zip code is for hunters bay?

There have been more people out there the past few days than there has in some of the towns around the area.

Is anyone catching or are they too chicken to check ice elsewhere? Monday around lunch I counted 13 portables, and a couple more looking to get on. ??? smirk.gif

Two words...INTERNET SCOUTERS!! People just do not realize what an effect saying a couple things does to a lake/spot.

Hunters bay always gets hit hard early in the season. The main reason it is the first spot to get good ice in this area. The majority of the lakes I have been checking are slush covered so it is getting hit extra hard this year. The bite has not been good but it's a close walk to fish. I haven't seen any good reports posted so I wouldn't believe it is the internet scouts out there. Years back it got pounded as the early panfish bite was great but that has died down over the years, now it's mostly small sunnies. Once we get decent ice on other lakes it's a ghost town out there. Good luck!!!

I agree with merc. Hunters Bay has almost always been the first to ice over for as long as I can remeber. So when you have a little bay with safe ice and fish biting where is everybody going to go? This year is no different than any other year. Every year people go out to hunters and fish and the fishing goes to h*** in a couple days and never really recovers all winter.It's sad but it's been like that way befor the internet. That's my 2 cents crazy.gif

Most of the portables out there on weekday afternoons are most likely farmers, theres quite a few that are in the area. Like previously stated, it is the first ice in the area there that is safe, and is and will be a first ice spot for all the teet pullers for a panny bite between chores. Suprised this is a suprise to you guys!!

hey donk...Web and I went past the lower lake last week and saw that the one house that was out there when we first checked it had moved out to where we walked to and then some, but he probabally already told you! Sounds like you guys were having a pow-wow about your R.L. trip tonight

try to stay out of the "crown" and remember to always go "All-In"