Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Waldowski

Access and Ice Condition Update

14 posts in this topic

We have opened up our access to Wheeler's and Snowmobiles. We have a good start to our road and trails blazed Doe Island Reef and to Shaw's Reef. We have punched many holes and have found a steady 8 inches of ice. Our plan is to have a couple of our 4 hole houses out in the bay by this weekend on perch spots.

Tony Roach and a couple of his guys were out this afternoon and got a few perch. They kept a couple of them for dinner.

Road1.JPG

Road2.JPG

Road3.JPG

Perch1.JPG

You really killed my productivity for the week, Paul. THANK YOU! smile.gif

Roads are l;ooking good up there Paul! I can't wait to get back up on the pond. Keep up the great work guys!

Tunrevir~

Paul- wondering how far of a walk from your place to good fishable waters? Will be up on Friday and don't have the luxury of motorized transport on the pond. Any info/advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

gg,

By Friday it shouldn't be far at all. There are plenty of spots in the bay to fish.

awesome Paul -

how is the mobility of wheelers in that area once you leave the plowed roads? And ice conditions off of the plowed roads?

Hoping to be up there this weekend, but need to use my wheeler. crazy.gif

Reel,

It isn't that far to travel at all. Wheelers are able to access the further out spots, but it is tough going.

Thanks for the update Paul.

Will you be giving out rides in the plow truck during "The Frenzy"? grin.gif

T.O.

Maybe we will play chicken with the V-plows smile.gif

We now have a plowed wheeler trail out to Doe Island Reef. We have been able to extend our road bringing us almost even with Doe Island.

Fishing reports are few, as not many are going out yet. I did talk with one Gentleman that caught a dozen perch off of Doe Reef, 24 FOW, jigging spoon and minnow.

T.O.

Maybe we will play chicken with the V-plows smile.gif

We now have a plowed wheeler trail out to Doe Island Reef. We have been able to extend our road bringing us almost even with Doe Island.

Fishing reports are few, as not many are going out yet. I did talk with one Gentleman that caught a dozen perch off of Doe Reef, 24 FOW, jigging spoon and minnow and another group caught some nice jumbo perch in 15-18 FOW.

"Daddy Rooster"...cock-a-doodle-do grin.gif

Paul, thanks for the updates. Hope to meet you in person up there soon. You've done an A++ job up there.

Hey Paul,

Good to meet you this morning. We fished around Doe Island reef all afternoon, with little success. Had 3 very nice smallmouth running in the 18 to 20 inch range, many small perch, no eyes. As far as wheelers go, we had no problem going out and moving around pulling two fishhouses, and two of us on the wheeler. It did get a little sticky coming back in with the snow starting to drift up with the mighty wind we had all day, but no real problems.

Thanks again Paul for the directions, and nicely plowed road out to the island, will see you soon. smile.gif

Mykal,

Looking forward to it. I read all of your posts smile.gif

Joe,

Nice to meet you also. You guys are tough...that wind was brutal!!! We will be looking to extend the road out further today.