Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LEVINEMN

WHERE IS THE FIRST BREAK ON PELICAN??????

8 posts in this topic

I KEEP HEARING FIRST BREAK WHERE IS IT. I WILL BE STAYING ON THE SOUTH SIDE. WHEN I LOOK OUT THE DECK WAY OUT TO THE RIGHT THERES THAT POINT THAT COMES WAY OUT AND VERY SHALLOW I SAW THIS SUMMER. ISTHAT IT OR AROUND THAT? THANKS MIKE THE CITYIOT.

Get yourself a Lowrance H2O and a lakemaster chip and you can find any break that you are looking for.

WELL I DONT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY OR I WOULD. JUST WONDERING THE ABOUT LOCATION OF THIS FIRST BREAK THAT EVERYONES TALKING ABOUT ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

I take the "first break" to mean the first drop off the shoreline! AND YOU DONT HAVE TO YELL!

The "first break" is not an exact location! Walk out from your property and when the bottom starts to drop off that would be the "first break" It may be beneficial to have a vexilar to find the dropoff...if you don't have that equipment there are places that rent them by the 1/2 day or full day..or get a map and guesstimate! Good luck!!

I GOT A VEXILAR... IAM JUST TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW FAR OUT IT IS. IAM NOT UP THERE RIGHT NOW BUT MY FRIEND IS AND HE SAYS HE SEES HOUSES OUT THERE BUT THEY MUST BE 200-300 YARDS OUT OFF THE DECK WHICH IS THE WAY SOUTH SHORE JUST WONDERING IF THATS THE FIRST BREAK WHERE THERE GETTING SOME FISH... SORRY FOR YELLING LOL.

The first break could be anywhere from 50ft to a half mile or more depending on where you start from.Just keep checking the depth till you find it dropping to 18-25FOW.Bring some good boots cause its hard to aviod ankle deep slush.

OK THANKS FOR THE INFO I THINK WERE HEADING THAT WAY IN THE MORNING. MIKE.