• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This is my first post, have been reading other posts for a year. guess i'm not the greatest typist smile.gif but just was wondering if anyone has been out on bone lake, always wanted to try her. according to the dnr lakefinder sounds good for craps and eyes. Thanks.

Doodaa,

Welcome to FM. We're glad to have you.

I wish I could give you a recent report. But, honestly, no on in my clan of fishing buddies has fished it for several years. My last time out there was 10+ years ago and it was dink panfish galore.

Like Ray said, I have not been out there in some time now, but at one point I was hitting this lake 2-3 times during winter ice. My ice fishing crew and I know this lake for the winter of 96 death march. We where out and it started snowing very hard. The fishing was great and kept us out longer than normal, but the walk to the launch was a disaster. One buddy had to leave portable out on lake and go back next day. I took like two hours to get to landing (1' ½’ of fresh powder in 7-8 hours of fishing). At first we could not find lauch in black/white out conditions (before GPS). We did not get home until day light break (after digging out cars and trucks at launch). Just getting home was another task. Its know as the death march grin.gif, one of those things you will never forget.

Hope you read it good, because I only leave info like that on for a short time. grin.gif

Welcome to FM.

where is bone lake located at. im always looking for new places to try since i travel quite a bit.

It's in scandia. you take hwy 97 east out of forest lake and head north on lofton ave a couple of miles. the acess is on the north side. its between forest lake and green lake.

Find deeper water if things are not biting. Start shallow and work out into the depths.

Its a long walk, but if you do it right, its worth the walk.

I have not fished Bone in awhile now, because of my knowledge of other lakes in the area. We always talk about Bone and I help out anyone who wants to make the walk.

Good luck!