Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
northerndave

pumpin da hole.

9 posts in this topic

hole pumpin, pumpin da hole....

who pumps the water up in down in the hole with a scooper or other item in order to get the bobber moving up & down? like a lazy slow jigging action?

who knows what I'm talkin bout?

sneaky jig, excellent for lite bite.... bobber travels down with the water in the hole, water comes back up but bobber stays down cause wally got yer hook in his mouth......

anyone?

anyone else do this? anyone got a good name for it?

How about "flogin the bobber"??

I often call it "the Wiskow flush" cause a guy I used to fish with a lot who's last name was Wiskow used to do it prety much all day, he just had to have the water bouncing in all them holes all day.

i call it "auto jigging"

We call it: "Bibbeling your bobber", and we do it a little differently. We just grab the line and do a bit of a slow, upward jig, then set it back down so the minnow flutters. Some times when you set the bobber on the water she just keeps on a-going.

(Note from Admin,please read forum policy before posting again,thank-you.)

grin.gif

we actually talked about rigging up a mechanical hole pumper. drill one extra hole in the house & have something like a toilet plunger working up & down like a piston in a cylinder to make for some winter time walleye chop.

I think I saw such a device powered by AA batteries, was used for keeping holes free of ice. It sat on the edge of the hole and pumped water. Might work for what your thinkin'...I've never owned or used one though.

That device is the holee molee made by Symtec located in Mpls...pretty cool item

Believe it or not I actually use an auto jigger. I bought it at the sportsmans show a couple years back. It runs off a 12 volt like a locator uses. I love it. It doesn't always work the best though because it usses a magnet system and sometimes my bobber will go down and it will jig at the same time, so I just keep a close eye on it and pull it off when I get a hit. It is quite the conversation piece when theres visitors. It also alows me to hold my beverage while still jigging. Always a plus!! wink.gif