Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigeye30"

Eye Report and Pics From Local Lake

17 posts in this topic

Well it's been a few days since i've logged on and I must say that I have been missing alot of great discussions, while it seems that the area lakes are producing I thought I would share my report and a few photos, Pulled the permanent out Sat afternoon and setup for the evening bite, first fish that came to the hole was a healthy 23 incher, photo below, two hours later a nice 24incher came through, the night was going well, a couple of hours passed when the next fish was on, unfortunately I lost the battle, oh well an hour later I iced a 21incher, missed the oppurtunity on one other one that night as well, Sunday night started to become uneventfull and had me a little concerned till about 2:00 a.m Then it was one or two runs per hour after that, although I must say I lost three fish at the hole, extremely frustrated with my performance or lack of I set into another one this one was not getting off, a few minutes later pops out this 26", within another hour I managed the 18" shown below, all fish were caught in shallow, 5 fow during the late night (2 am etc) on large live baits, All Fish with the exception of the 18" were released, photographed two and the others I released at the hole immediately. Monday Night came and went with not even a run, sometimes I wonder how these fish can go from one end of the feeding spectrum to the other in the matter of a night, oh well I must say it was fun,

th_23inch.jpg

th_DSC00992.jpg

th_DSC00985.jpg

th_img032.jpg

Oh ya and few bonus crappies that I forgot to mention, sorry about some of the photos but I was alone and wanted to get the fish back in the water asap,

Sorry but I dont believe in watching lakes get overrun with non conservative fisherman, so no lake name will be given, not calling out anyone on here in particular but this site does get alot of non registered visitors as well,

Great fish good to hear they are back swimming in the water besides a few lucky ones. I hope to get the same results will be taking a guy out for his first time on the ice.

Way to take advantage of the "midnight run".

Good report and nice photos.

Way to get after them!!!! Is it me or are the eyes bitting pretty darn good lately?!?!?!?

Nice Report Bigeye! I haven't been out yet (still hunting) but will be soon. Walleyes are bitin in sw mn too. Hey you still got to get down here and shoot some birds. I am heading for Nebraska deer hunting this weekend but maybe after that?

Hey big eye, how long do you let the fish take the bait before you "cross there eyes"? I seem to have a problem with that, either too early or to late and they drop it. confused.gif

Hey BIGEYE those are some dandy fish you got there. I might have to come drill you out if you keep that up. grin.gif Did you get any MUD ROCKETS mixed in with those eyes thats mainly what I'm after. mmmmm mmmm good!!!!!

Welcome to FM "Mr. Bullhead". grin.gif

so ya I owe a few answers to this post. thanks to all who responded delta the eyes do seem to be active again hopefully it keeps up were a few weeks ahead of schedule from last year already. bill I don't think i'll have the chance to make it yet again even though your in bird heaven. family vacation to orlando is coming up. probably put a damper in the eyes hopefully they don't leave me. guppie I feel your pain on not knowing exactly the right time to set. normally I use the two run approach let em run once stop then hit em when they take off again but the ones I'm on are running more thsn normal last night I had one run four times and when I brought him up he still had barely taken the bait. one thing I did learn is to really hammer em when I do set the hook. three times as hard as I'm use to. this seemed to work so far. I iced a 26 incher on a tipup last night that pulled fifty yards out and still only hooked in the lip. normally in years past that thing would have needed to be cut and left in. sorry but no mudrockets. I did get one earlier on elysian though. just a little fyi I found out I can be out fishing and still log on to fm what better than being on the lake while typing on fm. gotta love technology. so here's the report the eyes have moved out a little deeper not much but a few feet in depth. last night I managed a 17 incher and a fat 26 incher around 4 am one hit a shiner and the other hit a creek chub. nothing better than the sound of a rattle reel or peering out the window to a blinking red light. that is if your fishing

VERY nice looking eyes. Real pigs - looks like they didn't miss the late fall buffet!

Thanks for the great report

Are you using circle hooks on your tip-ups?

Hey Jamison, no circle hooks, just the standard number 4 gamatsku, I gotem dialed in know, but the bite has slowed down quite a bit, thurs and friday were good but then came the weekend and all the people that go with it and the noise, heres one from Thurs and one from friday night, appts Tues and leaving for Florida early Thurs Morning, good luck and enjoy 26inchthurs.jpg

26incherfriday.jpg

Both Fish Were 26" Caught Photo and Released Lucky Hole I guess.

Great report!

I was planning on chasing some eye's in an area eye lake to night, but my wife reminded my about the Vikes game. Until I get the entertainment system in porty, I guess I will stay home and watch them. grin.gif

Holy sh--, i almost forgot about the game, thanx for the reminder!goooo vikings la,la,la,la, i hope they'll put pressure on dem darn bears!wifes gonna kill me! wheres the beer?

Just curious. Thanks.

Nice work. Enjoy your trip to Florida. I'm going north. smirk.gif

i'll shoot ya an email tomorrow since I owe for gull lake this past fall I gotta focus on the vex as I was reading your post and looked down low and behold the rod was almost gone nothing on the other end though.

I look forward to your e-mail. Thanks.