Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gunderson21

water on ice

3 posts in this topic

just wondering if anyone that has been out in the last day or two has had water coming up the hole like what others said like a week ago.

I was out on Sunday in about 14 feet of water and didn't have an issue with water coming out of the hole.

I did run into about a 3' layer of slush under the ice. My brother and I tryed for 20 minutes to get the holes cleaned out but could just not get all to way to the bottom of the slush layer. We had to use some of our heaviest jigs and spoons just so we could get through the slush and into the water.

We had a few fish come through on the flasher and go right up to the bait but didn't want anything to do with it. We probably needed to down size our presentation but the slush just wouldn't allow it.

I was really excited about this ice season and had been getting ready for it since September but this experience has me just scratching my head and not really wanting to get back on the ice any time soon.

Don't give up hope calli, the fish weren't to aggressive this weekend with the cold front that came through, there's definitly good fishing to be had! The fish were pretty finicky for us also. My guess is that they'll be on the chew this weekend, but i always think that, it keeps me motivated smirk.gif