Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hitthebricks

I finder Hunt vs H2O

5 posts in this topic

I understand the H2O with Navonics chips very well but know nothing about the Hunt model

Do you need to buy a topography type chip to get the best performance out of the Hunt? Would the chips for the hunt also work in the H2O and do Navonics lake chips work in the Hunt model? HTB

I use my old chips from my h20 in my i hunt. I also have topo maps for I hunt. I think this is the best one it has the barometer and so many other features that h2o does not. Works awsome for any application.

So the lake maps look the same as in the H20, Gteat!!!!!!!! Do the topo maps work in the Hunt?

I had 4 i finder hunts and had nothing but trouble with them. They would work ok for awhile then they would start having problems aquiring postiong. Finally I had Lowrance send me a H20 and have had no trouble since. I have no idea what the problem was. Lowrance claimed there wasn't anything wrong but when it takes over 2 hours to get position something is wrong. My H20 if it takes over a minute I start wondering what is going on. Like I say I still shake my head over what the problem was. I believe it had to be in the software and maybe this isn't a problem anymore. The thing is you don't gain that much in options to make it worth the extra money in my opinion.

iff, thanks for the reply! I like to hear replys good or bad