• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Amount of lakeshore development on Potato Lake?

Our fishing group is looking at Potato Lake next year for a possible week long fishing trip in June.

Can someone advise the amount of lakeshore development? Is the lake loaded up with cabins or is some/much of it undeveloped?

How about fishing pressure during the week? Lots of ski boats/jetskis?

Thanks in advance.

DB

Depends on which part of June. Early June won't have as much activity, late June can get pretty busy in the afternoons and evenings. I'd suggest getting out on the water early, as mornings are good on Potato and the recreational boaters don't start to come out until 10 or 10:30.

Potato is pretty well developed, but there are some sections where the houses are hidden in the trees. It's a good lake, nice clean water, a lot of structure and has nice fish of every species. What are you primarily fishing for?

If you end up coming, give me a call or shoot me an email, I'll give you some ideas. Muskybug is another good resource.