Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anchor man

Auger Extension

10 posts in this topic

We'll be making our first ever trip to Red Jan 25th-out of Hillman's. In a typical year, should I expect to need an extension by then?

Thanks

Not usually. But I'd bring one to be safe. They don't take up too much room in your baggage and you have a solid month to buy one if you don't have one. No reason to go on a ice fishing trip and not bring one along in case it's needed.

Good Luck!

Ken

Like Labs said, not usually. Although I've been in "Spots" where the hole would have come up dry without one that time of year.

Better safe than wishing you were fishing. wink.gif

Does this question really have to be asked every year? Just throw one in the truck to be sure, it's not that hard.

Anyone want to take any bets on when the next time this same question is asked? My guess is sometime in the next 2 weeks.

More like the next two days!

bradyd, sorry for the upsetting question. I wasn't truly asking whether or not I should bring an extension, I was just curious if they were typically needed by that time of year or not.

Hey bradyd... I'm not going to Red Lake this year... but was wondering if I'd need an extension!!?!?

grin.gif PP

Dont apologize anchorman. Good luck on your trip.

As this question seems to come up so much, why dont they just sticky a topic on the top of the page that just says, " YES YOU WILL NEED AN AUGER EXTENSION!!" then the question shouldnt get brought up as much.

No need to get upset guys. I was just stating the obvious.