Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskyBug85

Jason on T.V.

6 posts in this topic

I was typing a paper last night with th T.V. on and i happened to glance up as Due North Outdoors was starting when I see this rig that looks just like Jason's truck hooked up to a crestliner Flag Ship, so I listen in for a minute and sure enough there is Jay out on this warm water discharge in the middle of January. I was cool to see you on the tube and you did a great job showing off the sponsors Abu, Vexlar, Minn Kota, ect... Great segment, are you doing anything with the Shura or In-Fisherman guys again this winter or any one else?

Jonah,

Thanks, that was a fun piece to film. Kind of crazy fishing largemouth in the middle of January in the center of North Dakota!

I have a couple things in the works for the year. I've invited Charlie Moore from ESPN's Beat Charlie Moore up here to take me on ice fishing, but he hasn't made good on the offer. Maybe it's too cold!

I went to college in Bismarck and yes that lake is quite fun for largemouth, especially late feb early march when they load up right at the warm water outlet, used to catch 4-6 lbers all day long from shore. It also has big crappies and pike. In the summer the water feels like a bathtub, not sure how things survive.

Hey Jason,

Was that you I saw on a vexilar promo tape, thought that was you all dressed up in Vexilar clothes fishing Gills on the tv when I went to Fleet the other day. I think Genz was also on the same show.

Paul

Yeah, that'd be me. We actually filmed that portion for their instructional DVD on a Park Rapids lake. It was a lot of fun and I got to use the FL-12 and FL-20 long before their release.

Paul, That's neat that you've been to Nelson. Ever caught a pike out there?

I had a big one on a powerworm that got me into the chains/log they had blocking in warm water outlet. I also lost about an 8 lb bass in that same tangled mess. Tough to control a big fish standing on shore. The fish are mutants in there thats for sure, they have a much longer growing season.