• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 Spearing ""GET---TO---GATOR"" Feb 3rd ""Updated""

bassNspear

I will bring a sign with the map of the lake and update it as to where we are going to be the morning of the get to gator. I will post the sign in a snow bank in the parking lot for any late comers.

I will also bring my fish fryer and about 10lbs of catfish nuggets from the walmart to share with everyone.

If others wana bring something to share for lunch they can.

I will be there between 7~7:30AM

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• merkman

• glenn57

• Gordie

awesome stuff guys.

It would be nice to get a list going to see who all is coming.

Please post and let me know whos coming so we can kinda get a number for Merkman on the food.

I'm in Elwood and yes the landing is next to the beach.

I will be in a permanant spear shack most likely on the east side of the lake but that could change.

i have it all figured out. Now we just need someone to go there a few days before and find out if we are able to all drive on the ice. Im sure that we will be able to, but if not, we will have to drive wheelers out.

Also, i know that we wrote times down as to when we were going to be there. But like i said, you can come and go when you want, of course. I just thought it would be great to get people involed together, show off some tricks, and let new people learn more about the sport.

So with that said, im very excited about the get to gator. We should have a great time together. Best off, we are able to put faces to the names we all know here at FM.

IF anyone has any questions or concurns, please let me know. Until then, post here so we can kinda get a count to how many people we are going to have come and hang out.

Even though it is my birthday i will be there to meet some fellow FM'ers. It should be a good time for everyone. BNS are you bring the hotdogs for lunch or is it my turn?? \:\)

bns, again put me on the list. i drive by the lake as i work in ramsey. they where driving out on big lake 2 weeks ago already. ill drive by there tonite and look again and repost tonite or tomorrow. will that work?

Do you all think theres that good of spearing on BIg Lake, not real big? I sat out there before and seem to see only few snakes. Would think there would be a better lake to try, but good luck anyway as I will be working that weekend.

That sounds like a real blast...Ive never speared in my life anybody willing to "adopt" me into there dark house so that I can watch and ask questions?

I'll be there.

Not 'til later in the morning though. I'll be driving home from Menahga that morning. Save a decent spearing spot for me! \:\)

Huey

drove by big lake last nite, they are driving what appears to be all over. its hard to get a really good look with traffic and all. anyone else have any input as far as vehicle travel in big lake? i have a 2 holer house if my wife doesnt come with someone can sit with me if they need a place. bring a chair, in case i forget

Originally Posted By: knoppers

01/13/08 12:00 AM

I have been seeing trucks on the ice on big lake for two weeks. today was my first time out ice fishing on the lakes, mitchell. and I can tell you this much, there is about 12 inches max! of ice, and people are driving full size trucks like the lake has 24 inches. very crazy. there is about only 8 inches of good ice, the rest is frozen slush. I will stay on my wheeler.

the good news is for much colder weather, so there should be better ice.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1226342

My brother and I will be out there Sat scouting a spot and spearing all day. If anyone has ideas for a good spot and would like to share them throw me an e-mail my address is merk at prodigy dot net

check the place that i was looking at on the map.

Also, if anyone else is interested in going but doesnt have a house to do it, please post here, and we can see if we can set you up with a person that might have some room in there house for you to come out and enjoy the get together.

is anyone going to be using an ice saw? i have heard so much about them on here i would like to see one in use.

Originally Posted By: glenn57
is anyone going to be using an ice saw? i have heard so much about them on here i would like to see one in use.

I will have mine out there.

merkman would you mind if i fish in your area to watch ice saw in action.? ill have a brown chevy truck with fm decals on topper window. oooh great that will be another toy my wife will not be happy with me insisting on me needing.

Originally Posted By: glenn57
merkman would you mind if i fish in your area to watch ice saw in action.? ill have a brown chevy truck with fm decals on topper window. oooh great that will be another toy my wife will not be happy with me insisting on me needing.

Just look me up Sunday.

I will be in the 4X6 black canvas house with the American Flag flying over it.

You can use it to cut your hole.

Bass N Spear and Myself will also have a ice saw with us!!! Everyone is welcome to come and watch, We will even let you cut our hole for pratice!!! grin.gif\:\)

that is correct, i will have my saw out there as well.

Anyone can come and watch myself and Central Bassman cut our holes if they would like.

Im getting excited, after looking at the weather, looks like sunday is going to be the best day of the week.

Merkman-

Are you still planning on bringing the deep fryer and catfish? I'd be happy to provide the batter. I have about 5 boxes of ShoreLunch and a bag of Louisiana fish fry batter sitting in the kitchen. Mix 2 boxes of shorelunch with a bag of Louisiana fish fry and it's goood. Just let me know.

Looks like we'll have an awesome day!

Huey