• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

big buddie heater issue

mtreno

Question

so my big buddie heater - which has been great to me for the last two years - will not fire up. the pilot light will not fully light. i have switched the hose. tried both bulk and 1 lb tanks. i downloaded the manual and took it appart to clean and check for any other issues. she still will not fire up.

is there something else i should be doing? could it just need repairs? i was not running a filter before and now i am could the filter itself be the issue?

5 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Is this BB pre-recall?

uff - pre recall? really?

well now knowing that i would guess it is pre-recall. the unit is two years old and i did get it from a buddie who owned a bait shop so i would bet it sat a year before i got my hands on it.

when was the recall and for what? guess i better call mr heater......

From Mr Heater's site:

Quote:

Big Buddy F.A.Q.'s

Question:

Has there been a recall on the Big Buddy heaters?

Answer:

In 2004 Mr. Heater issued a recall on certain Big Buddy and Tough Buddy heaters. Following are some facts about the recall and guidelines for determining whether the recall affects your heater.

This recall was initiated because the valve on the propane heaters can leak, posing a fire hazard if an ignition source is present.

The affected Big Buddy heaters (Model MH18B) were sold between September and December 2004 at a number of sporting goods and hardware stores throughout the United States.

The affected Tough Buddy heaters (also Model MH18B) were sold between September and December 2004 at Lowe’s home center stores.

This recall does not apply to Mr. Heater Portable Buddy MH9B or any other Mr. Heater product.

Only heaters in a certain serial number range are impacted by this recall.

Your heater IS AFFECTED only if both of the following two statements are true:

The only serial number is between MHC 000001 and MHC 294431

The serial number does not have a yellow overlay (highlighting) over the serial number and the letter "R" following the serial number

Your heater IS NOT AFFECTED if any of the following is true:

Its serial number is MHC 294432 or higher

Its serial number is MHC 748000000001 and higher.

Its serial number is MHC 748100000001 and higher.

If you believe that your heater is affected by this recall call the Mr. Heater Customer Care Team at 800-964-4328. Affected heaters will be replaced at no cost to you.

If you need help in determining whether your heater is affected, call the Mr. Heater Customer Care Team at 800-964-4328.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Thanks McGurk.