• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wanted to know what the ice was like on south center either by pancake island or the bay south of the island. Thanks for any help.

I was out to Sunset point yesterday. Went about 300 yards or more towards Hwy 8 and punched at least a dozen holes. Average Ice was around 4 to 5 inch. Worst part is the slush under the snow makes travel with equipment hard. The fish yesterday were pretty neutral. Lots of lookers but few takers.

Talked to a co-worker that lives on South Center, "Hazelton Bay". He saw 4 wheelers on ice over weekend. I will try by Pancake Island this Saturday. I will walk out until I'm sure it is safe. Will report back.

Anybody have current info on ice thickness from Hwy.8 around the park to pancake island.Want to know if 4-wheelers are traveling from there yet.

Walligator

I will be out on south center tomorrow in my secret spot good luck fellas.

the point buy pancake island was kind of slushy but i was all over with the wheeler. didn't do so good either. got a few dink walleyes. 7-8 inches of ice pretty much everywhere.

Was out this morning. Not great action but managed a few keeper sunfish. Found 10.5" of ice where I was fishing. Did find some spots of double ice and some water on top but for the most part, the ice as pretty good.

Quote:

They running 4-wheelers all over now?

Walligator

Walligator you should be fine going anywhere on the lake with a wheeler. Last weekend me and some friends were cruising around different spots all over the lake. I might be out there on sunday. If you see a new blue honda rubicon with custom wheel thats lifted it's, me feel free to say hello. I will be out there quite a bit this year.

Was out last night an MAN has it been slow this year. Not one bite last night and I tried everything!

A buddy I was out with said last night he got 8 nice walleyes on tip ups ranging from 20-26.5 inches. I seen him catch one and it was only about 16-17 inches.

Brite side of things Ice is still pretty good.

Was out today and there was plenty of slush/water on the ice. Fishing was good until the snow stopped and the temps started to fall. Seen some really nice pike get caught!

Good Luck, ole

Any updates on ice since the last snow fall looking to head up Friday morning with the 4-wheeler.

Walligator

i put my bran new 4 wheeler through the ice about 3 weeks ago off sun set point be carefull there was 7'' where i was and 10 feet away was only 2 or 3 inches