• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone use scent?

Do any of you use scent?

I've always seen it in the stores, but there are so many choices... and I've never head of anyone that has had luck putting scent on their lures/bait.

What works? How often do you apply it?

Does it work?

What kind?

I like to playing around with it when fishing is tough to try an open their mouths, I use a amino powder thats called top secret its worked an then it has'nt. boar

Most people use scent from there hands. Eating that salami and cheese cracker, or a bag of barrel o fun chips just before you bait up probally sends the chub into the depths with enough scent to get some attention from gamers. Trouble is however it would be a possible negative smell. I find this true when fish are biting light especially. See if this is true. Fish

dont wash your hands...dont wash up in your warm sleeper...take a sip of dr. mcguillicutys for breakfast and you are golden as far as scent

Quote:

dont wash your hands...dont wash up in your warm sleeper...take a sip of dr. mcguillicutys for breakfast and you are golden as far as scent

I also find this to be true. Only the menthol flavor though!! cool.gif

I probably shouldn't tell everyone 'cause I don't want to mess up the catch rates too bad but... adding to the "Good Dr." (menthol of course), I like to use a bit of Berkley Walleye formula. I also use Yum crawfish and found that a dose of that will help to keep the Berkley stuff from freezing as bad.

Most days by the time I get to go fishing I have everything from gas to hydraulic oil to laundry detergent on me and a little cover scent is a good thing.

On anything I jig with, I pinch the shiner in half and give it a squirt in the cavity. Gives me confidence if nothing else. Usually smear a little on live baits to.

Gives the munchies a bit of a wang but worth it.