Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dragonfisherman

Fishing etiquette now days!

6 posts in this topic

My friends and I have a house out on a local lake and had been doing quite well untill we got invaded upon. I mean we put the time in and found fish and put our permanent there. Now in the last two days we have had people litterally on top of us almost driving over our tip-ups and tonight had a guy set up ten feet from us. I mean what the heck there is a whole lake!!! I am at about ends wits and I am a pretty paitient person, but am about to loose my cool.. Is it just me or do most of you feel like it is just respect to give others some space when a lake isn't crouded? Then the jerk leaves his empty propane tanks!! So if you with the blue F-150 and fourwheeler sees this your welcome I picked them up. Anyways hopefully some people see this and think about how they are conducting themselves out there...

It happends everywhere, the people out there that dont have the time to find thier own spots but still fancy them selves a fisherman...doubtfull. not to mention 10 feet from you, if i was you you should have went and drilled a few more holes around him... ya know 10 ft or so. no need for me to rant and rave and add fuel to the fire but ya. pride yourself on patience like all fisherman do.

I feel your pain. We have had people set portables leaning up against our permenant. It drives me nuts. A whole lake and they have to be withing inches of you. Anyway, thanks for picking up their trash. It's guys like you that help to keep the lakes clean for everyone to enjoy.

Very good points, My Brothers.

Some guys have wax worms for brains. They just don;t get it. Leaving trash on the ice -- that is about as stupid as it gets. Do they think there is a little trash fairy come and pick it up?

Or, more than likely, they are expecting their MOM to come out on the ice and pick up for them.

Nice.

As for the crowding -- I don't agree with that, but it is a part of fishing. People should have more respect for others, but a few of them don't.

Hang in there.

I don't think there is anything wrong with telling these Jokers that they are not cool or funny. Might not help, but you got it off your chest.

Hitman

BTW -- if that does not work, you can always hire DaHitman! wink.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

Sorry fellas but it's going to get worse. The population is growing and there just isn't enough lakes. The days of fishing a lake by yourself are limited if not over. The internet has also fueled the fire. Something that took us many hours and years to figure out is now a click away. Crowding is now a real issue to the fishing community.