• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes-Bears Thread

Down to Earth

Looks like you guys will be facing Kyle Orton come next Monday. Not that it will matter anyways. I see the Vikes pounding away at the Bears for a convincing win. Hopefully my Packers can go into St. Louis and take care of business there as well.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• Down to Earth

• Scott K

• BANDERSO

Down To Earth,

Pretty bold statement coming from a team that has yet to beat the Bears this year.....HUMMMMMMMM

Windy

Wow,

Witty retort, Strato, I thought that was the saying people were using for the Pack. You had better rack your brain and come up with something original.

Windy

Some just don't get it. The Pack sucks and the Bears blow. There is a difference. grin.gif

Honestly, there is a very good reason the Bears are 9 point dogs but they still have a couple of healthy playmakers on defense, a receiver who can blow past a flat footed corner and Hester who can change a game faster than anyone.

The Vikes should win but it would not shock me to see the Bears put up a struggle if they still have some fight left in them after a very difficult year. The Vikes were left for dead a few weeks ago and awoke suddenly. There is no reason the Bears might not do the same just to make a statement that they have some pride.

Quote:

Down To Earth,

Pretty bold statement coming from a team that has yet to beat the Bears this year.....HUMMMMMMMM

Windy

Windy,

I should clarify as my bold prediction has nothing to do with the first Packer-Bears game. It has more to do with earlier in the season the Vikings went into Soldiers field put up 300+ yards rushing and beat the Bears 34-31 in a game the pretty much controlled the whole time. Only some Brian Griese late game heroics made it that close. Right now the Vikings have won 4 straight games and are playing outstanding football right now. The running game is clicking the defense is solid and the QB play is coming around nicely. Meanwhile the Bears D is no longer feared, they lost their starting RB(granted it was only Benson), and they are down to their #3 QB. I know Orton has a good win loss record, but you and I both know that record had more to do with the Bears D than Kyle Orton. Unless Orton pulls a Chad Hutchinson out from under his helmet, its going to be a long night for the Bears.

As for that Packers game, it is unfortunate that that was one of the Packers worse games from a turnover standpoint. We moved the ball for the most part at will and if it weren't for the 5 turnovers we would have won that game. I predict come our visit to Soldiers field we'll have a result closer to our last visit to Soldiers Field rather than the one earlier this season. If your confident enough, I'll make an avatar bet with you. Pack win you front an avatar of my choice for 1 week. Bears win I'll front your avatar pick.

Deal?

Fishy,

I like you man! You "get it". Something that not everybody on the thread can say.

Windy

Strato,

Since you "re"plied to me, it would be closer to a "re"tort than an observation. In "re"ply to your "observation" that the Bears "suck", I would ask you, when was the last time the Queens "sucked" in the Super Bowl? The answer for the Bears would be, last year. Second question would be, when was the last year that the Queens won the Super Bowl. The answer for the Bears would be Super Bowl XX.

Think about it!!!

Windy

Playing in the superbowl (and being dismantled by the colts BTW) and being one of the worst teams in the NFL this year makes the bears SUCK even more.

Who is the most overrated player in the NFL????

I know I know!

Well thanks for the history lesson...history.

I will repay the favor with a lesson in current events.

Vikings 7-6 = mediocre and improving quickly

Bears 5-8 = sucking and sinking

It's time to live in the present, the past is history, and I don't believe in history.

And Sled,

When was the last time the Queens were "dismantled" in the Big Dance???

Now we are talking ancient history! LOL

At least we got there and at least we won the thing, Queens can not say that. The last time the Queens were at the Dance they were wearing bell bottoms.

Windy

I love this smack talk amongst our division. The Vikes should manhandle the bears, but the bears may not want to loose twice in the same season to a poor Vikings team, as Windy would put it. But if the Bears did loose to the Vikes 2 times in one season, then we would know that the bears do really blow! grin.gif Just think, the bears lossed to the Vikings, when the Vikings couldnt score against 11 old ladies on a team. smirk.gif And the recievers couldnt catch a cold! Now we are playing all around football.

With that being said, this is the Vikings, and I have seen them mess up and loose to worse teams then this bears team, when they were suppose to win. Go Vikes!!!

I agree. I haven't felt this good with the Vikings in a really long time. With an improved offense and a much better defense, I am thinking SuperBowl baby!

Anyone with me?

Quote:

Strato,

Since you "re"plied to me, it would be closer to a "re"tort than an observation. In "re"ply to your "observation" that the Bears "suck", I would ask you, when was the last time the Queens "sucked" in the Super Bowl? The answer for the Bears would be, last year. Second question would be, when was the last year that the Queens won the Super Bowl. The answer for the Bears would be Super Bowl XX.

Think about it!!!

Windy

WOW!, I always thought it was "backed into a corner Packer fans" who brought out the Super Bowl Trump card. Sounds like Bears fans use as well. laugh.gif

Quote:

DTE

Points????

Windy

Yes, I think we've already established that the Bears won the game because they scored more points. But sometimes the score doesn't always reflect what really happened in the game. In this game turnovers played a huge role. Jones had two fumbles in which the Packers were driving in Bears territory and Favre had an interception that gave the Bears a short field. Did you forget the Packers put up 430+ yards on the Bears defense? I don't think the turnovers will be there this game and without them the Bears will not win. Take also into account what has progressed since that first game. The Packers like last years game are playing good football and will have something to play for. The Bears on the other hand, despite it being a different scenerio will have nothing to play for.

By the way, you never did give me a response to my avatar bet.

Say windy, it's fun to live in the past isn't it?

By the way, why dont you go and talk all your interesting viking smack talk on the FISHINGILLINOIS website cause your alittle out numbered if you want to trade "your mama jokes"!!! So ya but anyways

Until the Queens take home the hardware both Pack fans and Bears fans can and should use the Super Bowl trump card as often as possible! LOL

And DTE I did respond to your Avatar challenge, I said, "Points?"

Surely a high caliber team like the Packers (who are playoff bound with their potent offense and stingy defense) would love nothing more than to blow out the lowly Bears (who are in dissary with their injury riddled defense and a 3rd string QB) by at least 21 points so if you are feeling strong you should not mind spotting me 3 touchdowns? Bet?

Windy

Strato,

Using your theory, wouldn't the Queens and Bears record so far this year also be history? Recent history, but history just the same. I know that Pack fans are considering the loss to the Bears earlier this year as history!

Just ax-ing?

Windy

Banderso,

Yo mamma is so fat, she got her own zip code!

Bring it, Senorita!

Windy

Quote:

Until the Queens take home the hardware both Pack fans and Bears fans can and should use the Super Bowl trump card as often as possible! LOL

And DTE I did respond to your Avatar challenge, I said, "Points?"

Surely a high caliber team like the Packers (who are playoff bound with their potent offense and stingy defense) would love nothing more than to blow out the lowly Bears (who are in dissary with their injury riddled defense and a 3rd string QB) by at least 21 points so if you are feeling strong you should not mind spotting me 3 touchdowns? Bet?

Windy

My misunderstanding. I thought your points comment was referring back to the final score of the first game. If you need to hide behind a points spread I'll do it. I'll give you the Vegas opening spread, which typically comes out the Tuesday before the weeks game, which I believe is Dec. 18 for the Bears/Packers. I'll post it then.

windy, yo mamma so dumb, she named her kid windy city walleye hunter and thought it would be a great idea to live in illinois

DTE,

I ain't gonna wait for no Vegas spread. Surely you have enough confidence in Brett and the boys to spot me 3 ???

Touchdowns, that is!!! LOL

Come on DTE, man up and pull the trigger. What's the worst that can happen, you have to look at the lovely Monsters of the Midway logo for a week.

Windy

Banderso,

Uh, I guess that is funny? Yeah, it must be so, Banderso...Dumb!

Windy

windy,

you just folded like da bears are going to fold this weekend to the "queens" (to put it in your terms). it's gonna sting when you lose to a team that you call "queens".

Ouch

Quote:

windy, yo mamma so dumb, she named her kid windy city walleye hunter and thought it would be a great idea to
live in illinois

bwwahhh ha hah ah ha ha hahahaha

Look at it any way you want! But the league looks at those records in determining who makes the playoffs and who don't!

We're on our way baby!

Not that we ever do anything once we get there anyway, but it still gives me one more Vikes game to watch.

God, I hope we're on our way.

Gotta love Vikes/Bears on Monday night football!!!

Sled,

It is simple man, we lives in The Windy, where the money is and we vacations in Minnesota where the fishes is. I am laughing all the way to the bank.

Windy