Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
otis

Be smart!!

5 posts in this topic

Don't be an (Contact Us Please) like myself. I was fishing out of wig wam yesterday and had my car broken into. I had left some things of value sitting out, The guy I was with had a much nicer vehicle, but did not leave anything visable and his truck was not touched. So just a warning that if you leave your stuff in plain sight it will get stolen.

Otis,

Tell them the bright side.

Walleyedan

Is there a "Bright Side" ????

how was the fishing in wigwam? ice conditions? snow conditions?

The ice was not thick, I would say around 4" tops. Lots of slush. Bright side of the story is that I was wearing my brand new arctic armour. Felt just fine on the way home. very cold outside but I was very comfortable. That stuff is amazing. Felt like driving on a cool summer night.....well maybe not that nice, but I was not cold. If you can get a set from walleyedan......great product and a great guy!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• waterspaniel
      6/17-24 at LaBelle's Birch Point lodge in NW Bay.   walleyes seemed scattered--trolled crankbaits and lindy-rigged leaches.  cool, wet, windy weather half the week.  no bass.
    • monstermoose78
      Juan that is great area for smallies. The water looks clear for the rum it's time. It's a long way to the next landing so you might want put in in Princeton and fish to that access You can get out at highway 47 so that is not to bad. I forgot about that I was thinking you had get almost to Cambridge.
    • gus004
      Thanks for the update.  Keep this updated.  Heading up on Saturday for the week and need to dial in the bait for the week or if we are going to be spending all day looking for active fish.  
    • Satchmo
      Been a decent year on Kab, but the variable weather has fishing in an unpredictable pattern too. Much like last year, saugers have made up a big chunk of the catch, but walleyes are coming around. LOTS of small 9"-11" 'eyes around mixed with some 15"-16" 'eyes and sauger. Some folks are still picking up some of the jumbo perch too. Little pike are everywhere and quite the nuisance.
    • fivebucks
      You kind of hit the weather bad this past weekend.  Wind, rain, and more wind not to mention cold fronts moving thru.  I was on the lake my cabin is on in the general area of Red and I had a tough time scrapping together a meal - and I've fished the lake for 15+ years.  Sometimes mother nature throws you a curve and no matter how good the lake is sometimes it doesn't matter.
    • Satchmo
      Looks like a Namakan fish.
    • CaptJohnWis
      Hit the lake before 6:00 this morning. Fishing very slow again. Lots of mayflies on the water. Water 64 degrees. Got a bass at first stop but no more of those. ABout 5 walleyes and four pike in nine hours. Quit just in time to fight the 22 MPH wind (twice what was predicted) all the way home. Fish in 25 FOW. Most on Fin-S-Fish. numerous missed bites. Yesterday hardly missed a one. Not so today.   June 27, 2017 video link    
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      Froggin is a blast! I couldn't get any topwater action Saturday but just under the surface with a spinnerbait they were crushing it. Early morning it was suspending jerkbaits on weedlines. Not a single swirl on top. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      The walleye bite the past couple days has gone from Boom to  almost Bust! There have been a couple of huge May fly hatches the last couple of nights along with a large Rusty Crayfish molt that have been making catching walleyes a real challenge! We are still getting some fish but now have to earn every fish! Lindys with 1/2 crawler fished VERY slow in 18" to 30" depths has been my best presentation. Cliff
    • Juan Grande
      Thanks guys!  We tried kayak fishing last year (around Labor Day I think) and the Rum was way too high.  We launched on CR 7 between Blue and Green lake and just ended up paddling the river.  Is that a good stretch for smallies?