Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Agronomist_at_IA

Indian lake & Lake Bella

6 posts in this topic

I've seen these lakes on the DNR site and in the lake maps book. Anybody ever fish on them? Last year we tried Indian but couldn't find any fish so gave up and left. Just was curious if I should give them another try or if they weren't worth my time.

Talked to a couple of guys that fished Ocheda Saturday which runs into Bella. They were fishing northerns and had only one bite. Pretty slow. Work with a guy who casted Hawkinson's bridge late this fall and had some real nice walleyes. The fish are in there if you can find them and get them to bite.

Last year We had awsome luck on ocheda with some suckers on tipups. Only thing was northern are the only fish we could find on ocheda. Read that Bella had some ok numbers of walleye, crappie and other fish. Just thought maybe someone would know more about Indian and Bella.

Indian lake was full of 12 inch walleyes a couple of years ago. Also has some nice crappies and perch if you can find them.

Have not fished Bella for years, but have had good luck for walleyes out there in the past.

A couple of us fished Indian for a couple of hours and didn't have a bite, but that was over two weeks ago.

I was curious about Lake Bella this summer and put my boat in there and trolled around for a while. I didn't catch a thing but marked lots of fish. It is an interesting lake. Maybe a guy should put some time in to see if any of the walleyes they stocked in there took hold. I caught a few eyes in the little hole below the dam where the water spills out Bella this spring.