Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baitshopboy

"I need some help guys"

9 posts in this topic

I resently started a project for an english class and was just wondering/ need aome opions on this topic:

"What do you all think about the new regulation on cleaning fish in your fish house on special regulation lake?"

thanks in advance for your opion.... both sides would be great, because it is an open ended research paper.

I think that a few 20-24 inch fish might touch a knife. Especially with all the snow and a nice hole to stick the guts down. I would hate to see it but you know it would happen.

I think that most of the people that will do this will do it with or without this law. It will be nice to be able to fry up a fish while fishing. A legal fish of course. If a person is honest they are honest if not they are not. I don't think this law changes a thing as to how many illigal fish will be taken but it will add to the expirience for decent honest people.

I say let people clean fish on the ice, but require them to keep the skins on hand if a warden should request them. I know some dishonest people will just discard of the guts and skeletal remains to hide their crime, but they will do it anyway if they have their mind set on harvesting illegal fish, so why not let the honest people clean fish on the ice?? If you get caught with fish fillets on the ice, you should just have to present the skins to a warden upon request so he can verify they were of legal size. Just my opinion.

GoggleEye

I would agree with you on that googleye. If you have nothing to hide there should be no problem with providing the remains to prove the length. I would error on the safe side with keeping one to cook.

Is that sam cat.... from wsp. Never knew you were on this sight sammy. been out fishing anywhere lately. i think you will know who this is after you see my picture.

wimes

I agree let people be honest keep remains to prove. Most resorts close there fish cleaning shacks during the winter so where are we going to clean fish. In the house!

Have to agree...

Laws are for the honest people anyway...

If someone is going to harvest an illegal fish, they will do it with or with out a "Law" or "Regulation".

So if your out for the weekend and you want to eat your catch, just save the remains until you get to shore.

Fievel9922, are you talking to me? ya, this is Sam. I can't tell who you are in your pic!! Who are you?

GoggleEye